Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Is there a UNIX command that can compare fields of files with differing number of fields? Post 303035762 by RudiC on Sunday 2nd of June 2019 10:48:09 AM
Old 06-02-2019
Try
Code:
grep -vffile1 file2
XXXX01  APP_USER_EXP_PROFILE    LOCKED  2016-04-01=12:00
MICKEY  APP_USER_PROFILE        LOCKED  2018-04-01=16:00
DONALD  APP_USER_PROFILE        OPEN

and
Code:
grep -vf<(cut -d" " -f1-3 file2) file1
MINNIE  APP_USER_EXP_PROFILE
PLUTO   APP_USER_PROFILE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed cut? to rearrange random number of fields into 3 fields

I'm working on formatting some attendance data to meet a vendors requirements to upload to their system. With some help on the forums here, I have the data close. But they've since changed what they want. The vendor wants me to submit three fields to them. Field 1 is the studentid field,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axo959
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare fields in 2 files using AWK

Hi unix gurus, I have a urgent requirement, I need to write a AWK script to compare each fields in 2 files using AWK. Basically my output should be like this. file1 row|num1|num2|num3 1|one|two|three 2|one|two|three file2 row|num1|num2|num3 1|one|two|three 2|one|two|four ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashmisb
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare fields in different files

HI I'm having some troubles to compare and permut diffrent fields indexed with another filed like the following example `: file1 1 1 2 2 3 3 file2 7 1 9 2 10 3 result------------------- (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yassinegoth
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare fields in files

Hi, I need the most efficient way of comparing the following and arriving at the result I have a file which has entries like, File1: 1|2|5|7|8|2|3|6|3|1 File2: 1|2|3|1|2|7|9|2 I need to compare the entries in these two file with those of a general file, 1|2|3|5|2|5|6|9|3|1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two fields in text files?

Hi, I have two text files, compare column one in both the files and if it matches then the output should contain the id in column one, the number and the description. Both the files are sorted. Is there a one liner to get this done, kindly help. Thank you File 1: NC_000964 92.33 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulikoti
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Help correcting file with differing number of fields

Hi all, I have a tab separated file, and one of the fields is sub-delimited by colon. The problem is there can be zero to 4 colons within this field. When I try to change colons to tabs the result is a file with a differing number of fields. I want to go from: a:b:c:d:e a:b:c a:b:c:d:e a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare three files based on two fields

Guys, I tried searching on the internet and I couldn't get the answer for this problem. I have 3 files. First 2 fields of all of them are of same type, say they come from various databases but first two fields in the 3 files means the same. I need to verify the entries that are not present... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 fields in 2 files

I am trying to compare two files (separted by a pipe) using 2 fields (field 1,3 from fileA and 1,2 from fileB) if the two files match i want the whole record of fileA adding the extra fields left from fileB. 1. A.txt cat|floffy|12|anything|anythings cat|kitty|15|lala|lalala... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - compare 1st 15 fields of record with 20 fields

I'm trying to compare 2 files for differences in a selct number of fields. When differnces are found it will write the whole record of the second file including appending '|C' out to a delta file. Each record will have 20 fields, but only want to do comparison of 1st 15 fields. The 1st field of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sljnk
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare fields in two files

Hi, I am trying to check two files based on certain string and field. cat f1 source=\GREP\" hi this \\ source=\SED\" skdmsmd dnksdns source=\PERL\" cat f2 source=\SED\" source=\GREP\" vlamskds amdksk m source=\AWK\" awk \here\" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
3 Replies
MONGOFILES(1)							  Mongo Database						     MONGOFILES(1)

NAME
mongofiles - a simple GridFS interface SYNOPSIS
mongofiles [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
mongofiles is used to list, get, and insert files in the database. EXAMPLES
mongofiles list lists files in test.fs.files mongofiles put README.txt inserts the file README.txt into the collection test.fs.files mongofiles get photo.jpg retrieves photo.jpg from test.fs.files and saves it locally OPTIONS
--help show usage information -h, --host HOST mongo host to which to connect -d, --db DB database to use (default DB=test) -c, --collection COLLECTION (default COLLECTION=fs.files) collection to use --command [list|search|put|get] execute a command --file FILE filename for get or put list list all files. takes an optional filename. the file has to start with the filename search search all files for something that contains the string COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGOFILES(1)