Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Calculating number of CPUs in Solaris-8 Post 303035674 by hicksd8 on Thursday 30th of May 2019 02:57:36 PM
Old 05-30-2019
Looking at history I see that people have reported issues using psrinfo on solaris 8. It seems it can tell lies.

Please post the output of:

Code:
# /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v

I understand your confusion.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

CPU Usage to Number of CPUs - relationship

I have an E15K running at 60% CPU usage on 16 CPUs. I need to get rid of 6 CPUs, which is 38%. Does that mean my CPU usage will go up to 98%? I suspect the relationship between CPU numbers and usage is a bit more complicated. Can anyone give me any guidance on this please? TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: disturbed_uk
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating a number

Hello all :) I need some help; I'm running the sp_spaceused command on various tables and saving the output to a file. So, I have an input file that has 3 rows - each row has 7 columns. I would like to 1) sort the file on the 4th column, 2) take the 4th column in the first row and add 25% to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonolith
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating the Number of Rows and Average

Hi All I like to know how can we calculate the number of rows and the average of the values present in the file. I will not know what will be the rowcount, which will be dynamic in nature of the file. eg. 29 33 48 30 28 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk_eee
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting non empty fields and calculating with that number

Hello all, I have a problem with a skript of mine: My input has the following format 1,33296 transcript_id"ENSRNOT00000018629" 0 1,33296 0 0 transcript_id"ENSRNOT00000029014" 0 0,907392 transcript_id"ENSRNOT00000016905" 0,907392 0 transcript_id"ENSRNOT00000053370" 0 0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerSeb
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating number of records by field

Hi, I have CSV file which looks like below, i want to calulate number of records for each brand say SOLO_UNBEATABLE E and SOLO_UNBEATABLE F combined and record count is say 20 . i want to calculate for each brand, and here only first record will have all data and rest of record for the brand... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing a simple script to get total number of cpus/cores in server

Hi, I am very new to scripting and I wanted to write a unix shell script which can give me, 1)number of cpu's in a box 2)number of cores per cpu 3)total number of cores in abox (ie multiplying 1&2) I am also trying to figure out how to check if hyper-threading is enabled in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven12
8 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Looking to reduce the number a cpus available for SGE

Hey all Im looking to reduce the number of cpus available on a certain node in our cluster available for jobs using SGE. i.e. we have one node that has 24 cpus available for jobs on SGE, i would like to reduce that to 16. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: olifu02
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble calculating difference in number of days

Hi all, I have a requirement to calculate the difference of number of days of time stamp of a file and system date and if the difference is greater than 15 days it should prompt as previous month file otherwise current month file. Below is the code i used and it is working fine till now. (You... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance of calculating total number of matching records in multiple files

Hello Friends, I've been trying to calculate total number of a certain match in multiple data records files (DRs). Let say I have a daily created folders for each day since the beginning of july like the following drwxrwxrwx 2 mmsuper med 65536 Jul 1 23:59 20150701 drwxrwxrwx 2 mmsuper... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies
prtdiag(1M)															       prtdiag(1M)

NAME
prtdiag - display system diagnostic information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/prtdiag [-v] [-l] prtdiag displays system configuration and diagnostic information on sun4u and sun4v systems. The diagnostic information lists any failed field replaceable units (FRUs) in the system. The interface, output, and location in the directory hierarchy for prtdiag are uncommitted and subject to change in future releases. prtdiag does not display diagnostic information and environmental status when executed on the Sun Enterprise 10000 server. See the /var/opt/SUNWssp/adm/${SUNW_HOSTNAME}/messages file on the system service processor (SSP) to obtain such information for this server. The following options are supported: -l Log output. If failures or errors exist in the system, output this information to syslogd(1M) only. -v Verbose mode. Displays the time of the most recent AC Power failure, and the most recent hardware fatal error information, and (if applicable) environmental status. The hardware fatal error information is useful to repair and manufacturing for detailed diagnos- tics of FRUs. The following exit values are returned: 0 No failures or errors are detected in the system. 1 Failures or errors are detected in the system. 2 An internal prtdiag error occurred, for example, out of memory. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkvm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ *The output is unstable. modinfo(1M), prtconf(1M), psrinfo(1M), sysdef(1M), syslogd(1M), attributes(5), openprom(7D) NOTES
Not all diagnostic and system information is available on every Solaris platforn, and therefore cannot be displayed by prtdiag. On those platforms, further information can be obtained from the System Controller. 29 Aug 2005 prtdiag(1M)