Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help with understanding this regex in a Perl script parsing a 'complex' string Post 303035639 by RudiC on Wednesday 29th of May 2019 03:35:23 PM
Old 05-29-2019
OK, let's use the star (*) as the field separator, and don't forget to adapt the SRV variable:
Code:
awk '
function chop(FLD, STR)          {if (match ($FLD, STR "=[^)]*")) return substr ($FLD, RSTART, RLENGTH)
                                 }
match ($0, "SERVICE_NAME=" SRV)  {print chop(2, "PROGRAM"), chop(2, "USER"), chop(2,"HOST"), chop(3, "HOST")
                                 }
' SRV="work_app" FS="\*" OFS="\t" file1
PROGRAM=JDBC Thin Client    USER=mickey    HOST=__jdbc__    HOST=12.123.11.123
PROGRAM=SQL Developer    USER=minnie    HOST=__jdbc__    HOST=10.214.14.29
PROGRAM=JDBC Thin Client    USER=mickey    HOST=__jdbc__    HOST=12.123.11.123
PROGRAM=SQL Developer    USER=minnie    HOST=__jdbc__    HOST=10.214.14.29

Code:
awk '
function chop(FLD, STR)          {if (match ($FLD, STR "=[^)]*")) return substr ($FLD, RSTART, RLENGTH)
                                 }
match ($0, "SERVICE_NAME=" SRV)  {print chop(2, "PROGRAM"), chop(2, "USER"), chop(2,"HOST"), chop(3, "HOST")
                                 }
' SRV="work_app" FS="\*" OFS="\t" file2
philipp@philipp-All-Series:~/MediathekView/playground$ awk '
                                 }
                                 }
' SRV="fail_app" FS="\*" OFS="\t" file2
PROGRAM=C:\Windows\system32\exec01.exe    USER=!sysadmin01    HOST=MNLAPP01    HOST=10.11.11.123
PROGRAM=C:\Windows\system32\exec02.exe    USER=!sysadmin01    HOST=MNLAPP01    HOST=10.11.11.123
PROGRAM=C:\Windows\system32\exec03.exe    USER=!sysadmin01    HOST=MNLAPP01    HOST=10.11.11.123
PROGRAM=C:\Windows\system32\exec01.exe    USER=!sysadmin01    HOST=MNLAPP01    HOST=10.11.11.123

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Parsing a string in PERL

I have an extractfile (with fields delimited by pipes '|') and I want to prepend a counter based on the below requirements: - The counter starts at 3. - The counter increments only if the date (67th field of the extractfile) is different. Below is what I started off with: $cnt=2;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Regex string opperation

I'm working on a basic log parser in perl. Input file looks like: len: 120713 foo bar file size of: testdir1/testdir1/testdir1/testdir1/testfile0 is 120713Of course there are tens of thousands of lines... I'm trying to compare the len and filesize values. #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkozel
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help understanding perl script error

I solicited this site earlier this week and got a good answer for a perl Script so I made this script from what understood from the answers But now I have a bug and I'm stump. It doesn't parse correctly the Output it stays on the first line My $f2 and reprints in a endless loop I'm sure there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ex-Capsa
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl REGEX - How do extract a string in a line?

Hi Guys, In the following line: cn=portal.090710.191533.428571000,cn=groups,dc=mp,dc=rj,dc=gov,dc=br I need to extract this string: portal.090710.191533.428571000 As you can see this string always will be bettween "cn=" and "," strings. Someone know one regular expression to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick-ski
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Regex, string matching

Hi, I've a logfile which i need to parse and get the logs depending upon the user input. here, i'm providing an option to enter the string which can be matched with the log entries. e.g. one of the logfile entry reads like this - $str = " mpgw(BLUESOAPFramework):... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use Regex to identify / format a complex string

First of all, please have mercy on me. I am not a noob to programming, but I am about as noob as you can get with regex. That being said, I have a problem. I've got a string that looks something like this: Publication - Bob M. Jones, Tony X. Stark, and Fred D. Man, \"Really Awesome Article... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: egill
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Regex Perl

Hi the below perl snippet will replace any three letter string in the beginning with a two letter string which is specified..but if i want to modfiy only certain characters for eg.. ABC - AB CAB - AB AAA - No Modifcations 1AB - AB AB8 - AB Whatever coming before or after of AB only have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkrishna89
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regex string match issue..kindly help

i have a script in which i need to skip comments, and i am able to achieve it partially... IN text file: {**************************** {test : test...test } Script: while (<$fh>) { push ( @data, $_); } if ( $data =~ m/(^{\*+$)/ ){ } With the above match i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avskrm
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing expect_out using regex in expect script

Hi, I am trying to write an expect script. Being a newbie in expect, maybee this is a silly doubt but i am stuck here. So essentially , i want the o/p of one router command to be captured . Its something like this Stats Input Rx : 1234 Input Bytes : 3456 My expect script looks ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashy_g
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding perl script

Hello, A former sys admin placed this script on one of our boxes and it needs to be adjusted, but I'm not familiar with perl. Can someone help break this down for me? I'm particularly interested in the -mtime function. What's the time frame being referenced here. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)