Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX altinst_rootvg
Operating Systems AIX AIX altinst_rootvg Post 303035638 by vbe on Wednesday 29th of May 2019 03:17:59 PM
Old 05-29-2019
altinst_rootvg is the name to the alternate rootvg you can boot from, as backup don't make boot disks... So not sure what results you can expect from what you done so far.

Neo gave you the man pages to the commands you need, and the reason you do altinst_rootvg is when you decide to apply patches or upgrade of TL etc... you have an altinst_rootvg to reboot from if things go wrong, so I never heard of anyone trying to sync like you did as for that you create a mirror that you un-mirror after only as most are using virtual devices we have this new option...

ADDENDUM
Sorry for the late posting I went off to work and forgot to click send... Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

2. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

4. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX How to exchange hostname and IP address between two AIX servers?

Hi all, I am trying to exchange hostname and IP address of two AIX machines. But i am confused as how to change it ? do i need to use "smitty mktcpip" or "smitty tcpip" ? what is the difference between smitty mktcpip and smitty tcpip ? Also anymore steps to follow or just updating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
3 Replies

6. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

New to AIX: How do I setup high availability on an AIX System

I am new to AIX but not new to unix. I have an interview for an AIX systems admin position and I know they want someone who has knowledge of High Availability, Failover and LPARs From my research so far, It appear powerha is used to setup high availability and failover on Power systems but is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathisecure
2 Replies

8. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
DEBPARTIAL-MIRROR(1)					      General Commands Manual					      DEBPARTIAL-MIRROR(1)

NAME
debpartial-mirror -- debpartial-mirror is a program to generate partial Debian packages archives mirrors. SYNOPSIS
apt-get [-hvs] [-o=config string] [-c=file] {update | upgrade | dselect-upgrade | install pkg ... | remove pkg ... | source pkg ... | build-dep pkg ... | check | clean | autoclean } DESCRIPTION
debpartial-mirror is a command-line tool to generate partial Debian packages archives mirrors. It is designed to work (in particular) in Custom Debian Distributions framework, as an aid to create customization of debian systems. Partial mirrors can be generated from different apt repositories (local created or remote ones) and can contain binary as well as sources packages. Generated partial mirrors have the structure of standard apt repositories: please referr to APT documentation for explanation about this. debpartial-mirror uses a configuration file to determine which packages, are to be downloaded and monitored to generate a local partial mirror. Packages can be specified by regular expressions, by list or by mirrors sections. Default configuration file is /etc/debpartial-mirror.conf. debpartial-mirror accept commands in the same way apt-get does, and unless the -h or --help is given, one of the commands below must be presented. update update update is used to resynchronize the package index files from specified sources. upgrade upgrade upgrade is used to dowload selected binary and source packages from specified mirrors. The first time this command is ran the partial mirror is generated: after this, only newer or updated packages will be downloaded into the mirror. all all all is used to perform both update and upgrade commands. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h --help Show summary of options. -v --version Show version of program. -cCONFIGFILE --configfile=CONFIGFILE Select the confiruration file. -s --simulate Do nothing, only simulate all. Actually it is not implemented -sf --skip-files Skip downloading of files. Actually it is not implemented -sp --skip-packages Skip downloading of packages. Actually it is not implemented AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Otavio Salvador (otavio@debian.org). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. DEBPARTIAL-MIRROR(1)