Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to arhive hive external tables? Post 303035590 by Neo on Wednesday 29th of May 2019 02:51:44 AM
Old 05-29-2019
Why did you not post the command and the output?

We cannot help you if you plan to operate here in secret and not posting your code and the output fully.

Sorry to tell you. We cannot help you if you are not going to post key the input/output information required since most the users here are not using Hive.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with external tables

Hi All, My flat file lets say has the following contents AT & T CITIZENS MOHAVE CELLULAR COMMNET DRR E1CELLULAR .... Now, Im trying to select data from a flat file(sitting on unix server) and want to run a simple query as below(running Oracle 10g) SELECT MO_IDENTIFER,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PG3
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ODBC Hive error

Hi , I am trying to setup HIVE ODBC with below setting Host: Local host port : 10000 Database : Default Hive server type : Hive server 2 Mechanism: User But getting below error: Driver Version: V2.5.0.1001 Running connectivity tests... Attempting connection Failed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh_411
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read CSV file and delete hdfs, hive and hbase tables

I have a CSV file with hdfs directories, hive tables and hbase tables. 1. first column - hdfs directories 2. second column - hive tables 3. third column - hbase tables I have to check the csv file and look for the first column and delete the hdfs directory from the hdfs path, now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivamayam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract hive table structure

Hi, I need to extract only the create table structure with columns alone. for eg hive_table show create table hive_table: create table hive_table(id number,age number) OUTPUTFORMAT 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.OrcOutputFormat' LOCATION 'hdfs:/path/' I need only below ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
5 Replies
PFS(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    PFS(8)

NAME
pfs -- save and restore information for NAT and state tables SYNOPSIS
pfs [-v] -l pfs [-bv] -R filename pfs [-bv] -r filename pfs [-v] -u pfs [-bv] -W filename pfs [-bv] -w filename DESCRIPTION
The pfs command allows state information created for NAT entries and rules using ``keep state'' to be locked (modification prevented) and then saved to disk, allowing for the system to experience a reboot, followed by the restoration of that information, resulting in connections not being interrupted. OPTIONS
-b The information are read or stored using binary format. The default format is a readable ASCII format, similar to pfctl.conf syntax. -l Lock state tables in the kernel. -R filename Restore information from filename and load it into the kernel. The state tables are locked at the beginning of this operation and unlocked once complete. -r filename Read information in from filename and load it into the kernel. This requires the state tables to have already been locked and does not change the lock once complete. -u Unlock state tables in the kernel. -v Provide a verbose description of what's being done. -W filename Write information from the kernel out to filename. The state tables are locked at the beginning of this operation and unlocked once complete. -w filename Write information from the kernel out to filename. This requires the state tables to have already been locked and does not change the lock once complete. FILES
/dev/pf SEE ALSO
pf(4) BSD
July 21, 2009 BSD