Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to arhive hive external tables? Post 303035584 by Neo on Wednesday 29th of May 2019 01:11:44 AM
Old 05-29-2019
Execute the CLI command

Code:
desc formatted <database>.<table_name>

on the hive cli.

It will show detailed table information with the creation time.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with external tables

Hi All, My flat file lets say has the following contents AT & T CITIZENS MOHAVE CELLULAR COMMNET DRR E1CELLULAR .... Now, Im trying to select data from a flat file(sitting on unix server) and want to run a simple query as below(running Oracle 10g) SELECT MO_IDENTIFER,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PG3
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ODBC Hive error

Hi , I am trying to setup HIVE ODBC with below setting Host: Local host port : 10000 Database : Default Hive server type : Hive server 2 Mechanism: User But getting below error: Driver Version: V2.5.0.1001 Running connectivity tests... Attempting connection Failed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh_411
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read CSV file and delete hdfs, hive and hbase tables

I have a CSV file with hdfs directories, hive tables and hbase tables. 1. first column - hdfs directories 2. second column - hive tables 3. third column - hbase tables I have to check the csv file and look for the first column and delete the hdfs directory from the hdfs path, now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivamayam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract hive table structure

Hi, I need to extract only the create table structure with columns alone. for eg hive_table show create table hive_table: create table hive_table(id number,age number) OUTPUTFORMAT 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.OrcOutputFormat' LOCATION 'hdfs:/path/' I need only below ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
5 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX