Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to arhive hive external tables? Post 303035576 by Master_Mind on Tuesday 28th of May 2019 11:08:43 PM
Old 05-29-2019
How to arhive hive external tables?

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to check hive external tables which are created 90 days before and drop those tables along with underlying hdfs data. Can this be achieved in unix script?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with external tables

Hi All, My flat file lets say has the following contents AT & T CITIZENS MOHAVE CELLULAR COMMNET DRR E1CELLULAR .... Now, Im trying to select data from a flat file(sitting on unix server) and want to run a simple query as below(running Oracle 10g) SELECT MO_IDENTIFER,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PG3
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ODBC Hive error

Hi , I am trying to setup HIVE ODBC with below setting Host: Local host port : 10000 Database : Default Hive server type : Hive server 2 Mechanism: User But getting below error: Driver Version: V2.5.0.1001 Running connectivity tests... Attempting connection Failed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh_411
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read CSV file and delete hdfs, hive and hbase tables

I have a CSV file with hdfs directories, hive tables and hbase tables. 1. first column - hdfs directories 2. second column - hive tables 3. third column - hbase tables I have to check the csv file and look for the first column and delete the hdfs directory from the hdfs path, now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivamayam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract hive table structure

Hi, I need to extract only the create table structure with columns alone. for eg hive_table show create table hive_table: create table hive_table(id number,age number) OUTPUTFORMAT 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.OrcOutputFormat' LOCATION 'hdfs:/path/' I need only below ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
5 Replies
YYFIX(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  YYFIX(1)

NAME
yyfix -- extract tables from y.tab.c SYNOPSIS
yyfix file [tables] DESCRIPTION
Programs have historically used a script (often named ``:yyfix'') to extract tables from the yacc(1) generated file y.tab.c. As the names of the tables generated by the current version of yacc(1) are different from those of historical versions of yacc(1), the shell script yyfix is provided to simplify the transition. The first (and required) argument to yyfix is the name of the file where the extracted tables should be stored. If further command line arguments are specified, they are taken as the list of tables to be extracted. Otherwise, yyfix attempts to deter- mine if the y.tab.c file is from an old or new yacc(1), and extracts the appropriate tables. The tables ``yyexca'', ``yyact'', ``yypact'', ``yypgo'', ``yyr1'', ``yyr2'', ``yychk'', and ``yydef'' are extracted from historical versions of yacc(1). The tables ``yylhs'', ``yylen'', ``yydefred'', ``yydgoto'', ``yysindex'', ``yyrindex'', ``yygindex'', ``yytable'', ``yyname'', ``yyrule'', and ``yycheck'', are extracted from the current version of yacc(1). FILES
y.tab.c File from which tables are extracted. SEE ALSO
yacc(1) HISTORY
The yyfix command first appeared in 4.4BSD. BSD
March 23, 1993 BSD