Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Can we create any check-point feature in shell ? Post 303035559 by wisecracker on Tuesday 28th of May 2019 07:50:37 AM
Old 05-28-2019
Hi abhayda...
I am curious what are the first four functions are supposed to do except cause errors?
They should look something like this:
Code:
function logging
{
        # There MUST be some code here, using NOP as an example.
        # The colon used as a NOP, DEMONSTRATION placeholder.
        :
}

OR in your case the same would be...
Code:
function logging { :; }

This should help you on your way...

Last edited by wisecracker; 05-28-2019 at 09:03 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check mount point connectivity in Unix?

I am working on an unix server which has a mount point of windows server in it. I just need to check about the connectivity of this mount point with the windows server. Please let me know what should be done for that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check if input is an integer or a floating point?

Hiii I actually intent to check the integer or floating point number input by user i.e. 23, 100, 55.25, 12.50 ..etc. However, when someone input strings or alpha character, my program has to show invalid input.!! Is there any Unix shell script syntax can help me to check ? Thanking you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnampkkm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

create file as variable for searching point

Hi Friends, I need expert help:), I have bellow script that function for searching string in multiple file, the script is working well. but I thing it still can be optimize since so many repetition in bellow command, where string that I marked BOLD italic is clue for what I am looking for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budi.mulya
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for Server Mount Point space check

Does anybody have anything I can use to help me out with this one? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbone007
4 Replies

5. Solaris

archive logs mount point space check script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. -------------------------------------------------------------------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Speculative Shell Feature Brainstorming

Hi - little introductory post for this thread: The discussion started in the "What's your most useful shell?" poll thread and I think the discussion's gone on long enough that I don't want new posts related to that discussion to go there any more. It's a big discussion and it only gets bigger. ... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetsujin
26 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to create local mount point at startup?

how to create local mount point at startup Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on xxxxxxxx 370.00 180.08 51% 24500 1% /test (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for decimal point and add it at the end if its not there using awk/perl

I have test.dat file with values given below: 20150202,abc,,,,3625.300000,,,,,-5,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 20150202,def,,,,32.585,,,,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 20150202,xyz,,,,12,,,,,0.004167,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, My expected output is shown below: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvk_vinoth
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-k] [-q] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command ... is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD