Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway Post 303035465 by tanpeng on Saturday 25th of May 2019 03:25:20 AM
Old 05-25-2019
Redhat 6.5, loss of default gateway.

Dear friends
I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different. After restarting the service, the default gateway is lost and the external network cannot be accessed. Do you know why?
The configuration file information is as follows:

Code:
/ etc / sysconfig / network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain
GATEWAY=192.168.1.26

/ etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11
TYPE=Ethernet
DEVICE=eth11
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.1.10
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.1.254
METRIC=104
ONBOOT=yes
NAME=eth11

Thanks in advance....
Regards,
Tanpeng

Last edited by Neo; 05-25-2019 at 07:10 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

default gateway in unix?

i'm a real unix newbie, setting up a network, with a router to router vpn connection with a remote site, all the win stuff is talking and pinging and all the stuff it should be doing (yeah and crashing too, lol) but no communication with the unix box, i think the problem is with my default... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smcg
3 Replies

2. AIX

Help with Default Gateway

Hi, I have two interfaces on m AIX 5.3 box. One going to 192.168.1.x and it has a gateway of 192.168.1.1. I configured the other gateway with 192.168.2.x and the default gateway as 192.168.2.1. But I can't get connectivity to the 192.168.2.1 network. Can someone help me out and let me know... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

3. HP-UX

where can i modify default gateway

where in configuration files can i modify default gateway in hp-ux11iv3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
5 Replies

4. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

can't update the default gateway

Hi, I have server that I change its network configuration from using DHCP to using static IP. I have edited the file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 To: BOOTPROTO=STATIC IPADDR=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx NETMASK=255.255.255.0 GATEWAY=yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy I did /etc/init.d/network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

6. Solaris

how to add a default gateway in a zone of different VLAN of global zone

Hi Greetings... I have an issue in connecting the zone from outside the network and it is because of default gateway. I can ping default gateway from inside the zone and not able to ping from global zone due to different VLAN issue. If i add two different gateways and restart network services,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvpotugunta
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Change Default gateway

Hi..I have to change default gateway in my linux machine. Its OS is RHEL6. I followed following steps. 1.run command ip route to check current default gateway 2.delete that gateway with command route del default gw x.x.x.x eth2 3.Add new gatewy with command below route add default gateway... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deljatt
3 Replies

8. AIX

Lose default gateway

hello iv 2 AIX P720 machine aix 6.1 6100-02-03-0909 both , hacmp ver 6.1.0.0 both machine connect to the same switch. after networking fault , one of the machines lost his default gateway !!! what can be the reason ? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
4 Replies

9. IP Networking

Default Gateway

I am am using IPv6 IP's with an OS of Debian. Is it possible to set a *static* default gateway w/o the router being connected? Will that gateway change when the router is connected? TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies
IFCFG-TUNNEL(5) 					       Network configuration						   IFCFG-TUNNEL(5)

NAME
ifcfg-tunnel - network tunnel interface configuration SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-gre* /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-ipip* /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-sit* /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-tun* /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-tap* Tunnel interfaces It is possible to create static IP tunnel interfaces for three different protocols: SIT IPv6 over IPv4 tunnel GRE universal IPv4 tunnel IPIP IPv4 over IPv4 tunnel Additionally, also creation of user space program driven tunnels using the universal TUN/TAP device driver is supported: TAP Ethernet tunnel interface TUN Point-to-Point IP tunnel interface Since there is not yet a YaST2 support for creating tunnels one must write appropriate config files by hand for now. VARIABLES
These variables can used in ip tunnel config files: TUNNEL Here you have to set the tunnel protocol. This may be "sit" for IPv6 over IPv4 tunnel, "gre" for universal IPv4 tunnel, "ipip" for IPv4 over IPv4 tunnel and "tap" or "tun" for the user space program driven tunnels. TUNNEL_LOCAL_IPADDR or TUNNEL_DEVICE The address of the local tunnel's end could be directly specified in TUNNEL_LOCAL_IPADDR variable. The address must be present on an existing interface of this host (the TUNNEL_DEVICE). If TUNNEL_LOCAL_IPADDR is empty the first ipv4 address from the interface given in the variable TUNNEL_DEVICE will be used. TUNNEL_REMOTE_IPADDR The address of the remote tunnel's end. TUNNEL_TTL Specify the Time To Life of the packet which carries the tunneled data. Usually it is set to 64 but in some circumstances you may want do use something else between 1 and 255. Special value is "inherit" in which case the TTL is copied from the inner (tunneled) packet. This is also the default if the TTL variable wasn't used. TUNNEL_OPTIONS Here you may set additional options for the command ip tunnel add TUNNEL_SET_PERSISTENT Create a persistent tun or tap interface. Default is "yes". Non-persistent tunnels are not supported yet. TUNNEL_SET_OWNER and TUNNEL_SET_GROUP Allows to set the owner and group (by name or UID/GID) for persistent tun/tap interfaces. Examples for tunnel configurations This are some generic examples for different tunnel types. Replace the shown addresses and interface names by your individual ones. As con- figuration names you may choose the interface names. GRE and IPIP tunnels Create a GRE tunnel between a local computer with IP address 192.168.1.2 and a remote computer with IP address 172.16.2.3. After the tunnel is created assign an IP address 10.20.30.40 to it's local end. Default filename: ifcfg-gre1 STARTMODE='onboot' BOOTPROTO='static' TUNNEL='gre' TUNNEL_LOCAL_IPADDR='192.168.1.2' TUNNEL_REMOTE_IPADDR='172.16.2.3' IPADDR='10.20.30.40' TUNNEL_TTL='64' IPIP tunnel is created in exactly the same way, except that the variable TUNNEL has to be set to "ipip" in this case. Use filename ifcfg-tunl1 in this case. SIT tunnels for IPv6 over IPv4 There are two modes in which SIT tunnels may operate: static and 6to4 To create a "static" tunnel one needs to know an IPv4 address of the remote end, while for a "6to4" tunnel the remote end is a "6to4 relay". These relays are usually public and could be reached either under their respective IPv4 address or under a unique IPv4 any- cast address 192.88.99.1 (as defined in RFC 3068). This typical config file for a 6to4 tunnel should fit most user's needs and the only required change is the external interface name. Default filename: ifcfg-sit1 STARTMODE='onboot' BOOTPROTO='6to4' TUNNEL='sit' TUNNEL_DEVICE='eth0' TUNNEL_TTL='64' Additionally you need to set some routes. Do that in a file called ifroute-<configname> with the same configname as in ifcfg-<con- figname>. Default filename: ifroute-sit1 It may look like this: 2000::/3 2002:c058:6301::1 - - - metric 1 The magic string 2002:c058:6301::1 is a 6to4 version of the anycast IPv4 address 192.88.99.1. To create a "static" tunnel with local IPv6 address 3ffe:ffff::1234/64 use a config file like this: Default filename: ifcfg-sit1 STARTMODE='onboot' BOOTPROTO='static' TUNNEL='sit' TUNNEL_LOCAL_IPADDR='192.168.1.2' TUNNEL_REMOTE_IPADDR='172.16.2.3' IPADDR='3ffe:ffff::1234/64' TUNNEL_TTL='64' Universal TUN/TAP tunnels The universal TUN/TAP kernel driver provides an interface for user space programs to operate a tunnel. There are two modes in which the interface can be created: TUN (a Point-to-Point interface using local and remote IP) or TAP (like normal ethernet interface, e.g. for use in bridges). The following configuration allows to create the interfaces persistently: ifcfg-tap0 STARTMODE='onboot' BOOTPROTO='static' TUNNEL='tap' # optionally: TUNNEL_SET_PERSISTENT='yes' TUNNEL_SET_OWNER='username' TUNNEL_SET_GROUP='groupname' ifcfg-tun0 STARTMODE='onboot' BOOTPROTO='static' TUNNEL='tun' # optionally: TUNNEL_SET_PERSISTENT='yes' TUNNEL_SET_OWNER='username' TUNNEL_SET_GROUP='groupname' The user space program can be started later, e.g. by the ifservices(5) mechanism. The TUNNEL_SET_OWNER and TUNNEL_SET_GROUP settings allow to run the user space program with an different UID/GID than 0 (root). When not specified, the user space program has to run with UID 0. Non-persistent tunnels (TUNNEL_SET_PERSISTENT=no), where the user space program (e.g. openvpn) is started directly in ifup, are not supported yet. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Christian Zoz <zoz@suse.de> -- ifup script Michal Svec <msvec@suse.cz> -- ifup script Bjoern Jacke -- ifup script Mads Martin Joergensen <mmj@suse.de> -- ifup manual page Michal Ludvig <mludvig@suse.cz> -- tunnel support SEE ALSO
ifcfg(5), ifup(8). sysconfig August 2004 IFCFG-TUNNEL(5)