Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Ksh: How to get name of script when in same script Post 303035455 by MadeInGermany on Friday 24th of May 2019 01:35:05 PM
Old 05-24-2019
Only bash provides a method:
Code:
echo "I am $BASH_SOURCE"

With ksh you have to stick to a workaround like Don's suggestion
Code:
dotscript="myscript.sh"; . "$dotscript"

Code:
echo "I am ${dotscript:-$0}"

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a ksh script from another ksh script

Hi, I'm new to unix scripting.How can i call a script from another script. I have a.ksh and b.ksh .I have to call b.ksh from a.ksh after it is successfully exceuted. I tried using #!/bin/ksh -x in a.ksh and at the end i have used /path/b.ksh My problem is it is executing only a.ksh.it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert unix .ksh script to windows .batch script

I am using awk in my .ksh script but when I am trying to run in windows its not recognising awk part of the ksh script , even when I changed it to gawk it does not work, this is how my .ksh and .bat files look like. thanx. #!/bin/ksh egrep -v "Rpt 038|PM$|Parameters:|Begin |Date: |End... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2.5lt V8
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing a ksh script within a ksh script

I normally trace a script with the ksh -x <script name> and redirect strderr to file. But if you have a script like the examble below...... vi hairy bear=`grep bear animals` if then ksh more_animals fi If I ksh -x hairy it won't trace "more_animals" unless I put a -x in it. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shorty
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute a ksh script from perl script!

Hi, I have used exec ("/bin/ksh -c /path/file.ksh arg1"); to execute the file.ksh script from a test.pl script. But it doesnt work.. can anyone tell me what exactly the systax should be?... i have tried system("/path/file.ksh arg1"); too....still no luck... quick replies are highly appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meghana
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a variables value from the called script to calling script using ksh

How do i get the value of the variable from the called script(script2) to the calling script(script1) in ksh ? I've given portion of the script here to explain the problem. Portion of Script 1 ============= ----- ----- tmp=`a.ksh p1 p2 p3` if then # error processing fi -----... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajarkumar
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script equivalent KSH script?

I always find BASH easier than ksh. At my home, i have written this bash script. I am finding it hard to write its equivalent in ksh, any suggestions? ###################################### #return seconds since `00:00:00 1970-01-01 UTC' (a GNU extension)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boy18nj
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Create dynamic ksh script from a script

I am currently running 2 scripts to gather data for a 3rd script and would like to combine the 2 scripts into one. Having issues with the final output format. Note cannot post URL so replaced the http stuff with (name) in the examples All scripts contain #!/bin/ksh OS = Red Hat Enterprise... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcpinkerton
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deploy ksh script to file from other script

Hi all, I need to deploy two scripts on around ~100 machines and have only OPSware. Opsware have the option to execute a script, so I am trying to write a script which dose cat > script.ksh <<EOF script to be deployed EOF However the script between the two EOFs gets also executed which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: click
0 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)