Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to remove pkg from zone in newly created boot environment? Post 303035451 by Peasant on Friday 24th of May 2019 12:11:03 PM
Old 05-24-2019
What SRU of 11.3 were you running before the upgrade ?
Is that a kernel or native zone ?

Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep appending a newly created file based on some keywords

Hi Friends, I have to create a new log file everyday and append it with content based on some keywords found in another log file. Here is what I have tried so far... grep Error /parentfolder/someLogFile.log >> /parentfolder /Archive/"testlogfile_error_`date '+%d%m%y'`.txt" grep error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supreet
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Update single zone in alternate boot environment.

I 'm having a weired situation my system has 8 zones, running fine on solaris x86_u4. I installed the live upgrade bundle patch and did a live upgrade. The new BE was created but it missed one of the zone and now if i mount the new BE i do not see that zone in the environment so my question is how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the newly created directory

Hi, I need to create new directory by increasing the number by 1 of extracted lastly created directory. e.g. Log\out_log_1\ Log\out_log_2\ Log\out_log_3\ become Log\out_log_1\ Log\out_log_2\ Log\out_log_3\ Log\out_log_4\ Can anyone help how to do it in c-shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andre_2008
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp - get newly created files on incremental basis

Hi, We have a sftp server which creates files daily and keeps 6 months of files on the server. We are creating a daily job to get the files and load into database. My problem is "how to get ONLY those files which got created after my last get". Let me provide some more details to it. Below... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.videla
15 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

default size of a newly created folder

Hi all, In linux how to create a directory with specified size, so that it can be used only up to the mentioned size. Actually my question is, whether we can do directory quota in linux. mounting the directory in a partiton will do that, but do we have any other option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't see Newly created LUN by SAN admin

hello, i am an oracle DBA and trying to scan a newly created LUN of 200 GB on fiber channel by SAN admin.we have solaris 10 and SANtoolkit is installed.i tried following to get the new LUN at my machine. go /opt/Netapp/Santoolkit/bin and then ./sanlun lun show but i see only the existing... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: janakors
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy an array to a newly created directory

hello everyone, I am new to perl script and trying to develop a script as follows. I am trying to Create an array for storing all file names. I am trying to copy $libs into "scratch". however i am unable to do so. Please suggest.. #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Copy; #use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashid Khan
5 Replies

8. Hardware

Formatting a newly created lun

Hi , I have created one new lun in my SAN storage and make it visible to my HP servers , but the fdisk -l output is somehow confusing. Do not know what to do next ---------- fdisk -l /dev/sdo1 Disk /dev/sdo1 (Sun disk label): 64 heads, 32 sectors, 10238 cylinders Units =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishra.sankar
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Pkg problem, one zone trying pkg.Oracle.com on port 1008

Hi Solaris Experts, The pkg utility on one of my non-global zones has stopped working, it's trying to connect to port 1008 at pkg.oracle.com I was using pkg successfully from this zone, but now it's showing this error: lzone1 $ pkg search xterm pkg: Some repositories failed to respond... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
4 Replies

10. AIX

No iscsi available in newly created AIX wpar

AIX 7.1 New to WPAR, hopefully just missing something simple here. Creating the WPAR like this..... (The box where the WPAR is hosted does have an iscsi protocol device) mkwpar -h wpar08 -l -n wpar08 -N interface=en0 address=xxx.xx.xx.xxx netmask=255.255.255.0 -D devname=/dev/iscsi0 -D... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomR
0 Replies
root_archive(1M)														  root_archive(1M)

NAME
root_archive - manage bootable miniroot archives SYNOPSIS
/boot/solaris/bin/root_archive pack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive packmedia solaris_image root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpackmedia solaris_image root The root_archive utility is used to manage bootable miniroot archives and is currently only available on platforms. The utility can pack and unpack boot/root archives in both ufs and hsfs (iso9660) format. It will always generate ufs archives. root_archive also uses the lofi file driver to export a file as a block device (see lofi(7D)) and mount to mount or unmount file systems and remote resources (see mount(1M)). root_archive requires the same privileges that are needed to run these commands. SUBCOMMANDS
The root_archive command has the following subcommands: pack archive root Pack from the image found under the root directory to the archive. unpack archive root Unpack from the archive to an unpacked image under the root directory. packmedia solaris_image root Pack the solaris image to the root directory. unpackmedia solaris_image root Unpack the solaris image from the root directory. For packmedia and unpackmedia, other items that do not go into the ramdisk image are copied or uncopied (see cpio(1)) as well. Specifi- cally, this includes all the packaging databases needed for pkgadd and the other packaging utilities to succeed which are not used in the running and hence pruned to conserve memory. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Unpacking the Solaris x86 install image The following command unpacks the current Solaris image from the root directory: # root_archive unpackmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot Where /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest represents a path to a Solaris x86 install image and /export/Boot is a directory that will be purged or created, as necessary. Example 2: Packing the Solaris x86 install image The following command packs the current Solaris image to the root directory: # root_archive packmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. 1 The command exited due to an error. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ cpio(1), bootadm(1M), mount(1M), attributes(5), lofi(7D) 26 Sep 2005 root_archive(1M)