Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Unable to mount previously-working NFS share from NIM to LPAR Post 303035404 by M_Nixon on Thursday 23rd of May 2019 03:59:26 AM
Old 05-23-2019
NFS

Check RPC is running on both servers.

rpcinfo -p <remote server>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Unable to mount NFS share during boot

Hello Everyone, I have a pseries machine running AIX 4.3.3 that has an invalid IP in /etc/hosts. During a boot the system hangs because it's trying to mount an NFS share to this invalid IP. I've tried to boot the system from a mksysb (not sure if the device was defined as rmt0) and AIX CD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlslhills
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can i mount nfs share on windows 2003 server

this is probably a bit dumb ...but i read somewhere that one of the nfs versions can be mounted on a windows 2003 server ..if yes ..does anyone know how this can be achieved (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

5. Web Development

NFS Share & Mount problem

Hi, I want to mount an NFS Shared folder on Windows XP to vxWorks. There doesnt seem to be a problem with the sharing. Now, when i try to mount the directory onto vxWorks (it runs on a Tumbleweed card), using a mount script (.sh), the following is the print i see on Tera Term: hostAdd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmayzen
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Not able to mount NFS share on client side

When i tried to mount the nfs i see this error message mount -t nfs 192.168.20.194:/remote/proj1 /nfsmount mount: 192.168.20.194:/remote/proj1 failed, reason given by server: Permission denied and the /etc/exports file in the host side looks like this /remote/proj1 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinathk
12 Replies

7. SCO

Cannot mount NFS share (FreeNAS) onto SCO OpenServer 5.0.6

Hi! All, I am trying to mount a NFS share on my FreeNAS system onto my SCO OpenServer 5.0.6. I get the following error: mount: cannot mount /: Connection Refused (error 115) Has anyone been able to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to write to a mounted NFS share

Hi All, I created a nfs share in the server(Solaris 10) with the following command and also updated the dfstab file share -F nfs -o rw=server_name2,anon=0 /to_share And then in the client(solaris 10) added the following command to mount the share mount -F nfs server_name1:/to_share... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

Unable to search NFS Share

My customer has created a share on a Windows Server 2012 system and exported it as a NFS share. I can mount the share on a SCO system, but I only have read/write access. So I am unable to list the contents of the share. It is as if the directories had 0666 permissions. My customer says that this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
5 Replies
RPCINFO(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						RPCINFO(8)

NAME
rpcinfo -- report RPC information SYNOPSIS
rpcinfo -p [host] rpcinfo [-n portnum] -u host program [version] rpcinfo [-n portnum] -t host program [version] rpcinfo -b program version rpcinfo -d program version DESCRIPTION
rpcinfo makes an RPC call to an RPC server and reports what it finds. OPTIONS
-p Probe the portmapper on host, and print a list of all registered RPC programs. If host is not specified, it defaults to the value returned by hostname(1). -u Make an RPC call to procedure 0 of program on the specified host using UDP, and report whether a response was received. -t Make an RPC call to procedure 0 of program on the specified host using TCP, and report whether a response was received. -n Use portnum as the port number for the -t and -u options instead of the port number given by the portmapper. -b Make an RPC broadcast to procedure 0 of the specified program and version using UDP and report all hosts that respond. -d Delete registration for the RPC service of the specified program and version. This option can be exercised only by the super-user. The program argument can be either a name or a number. If a version is specified, rpcinfo attempts to call that version of the specified program. Otherwise, rpcinfo attempts to find all the reg- istered version numbers for the specified program by calling version 0 (which is presumed not to exist; if it does exist, rpcinfo attempts to obtain this information by calling an extremely high version number instead) and attempts to call each registered version. Note: the version number is required for -b and -d options. EXAMPLES
To show all of the RPC services registered on the local machine use: example% rpcinfo -p To show all of the RPC services registered on the machine named klaxon use: example% rpcinfo -p klaxon To show all machines on the local net that are running the Yellow Pages service use: example% rpcinfo -b ypserv 'version' | uniq where 'version' is the current Yellow Pages version obtained from the results of the -p switch above. To delete the registration for version 1 of the walld service use: example% rpcinfo -d walld 1 SEE ALSO
rpc(5), portmap(8) RPC Programming Guide. BUGS
In releases prior to SunOS 3.0, the Network File System (NFS) did not register itself with the portmapper; rpcinfo cannot be used to make RPC calls to the NFS server on hosts running such releases. Red Hat Linux March 9, 2001 Red Hat Linux