Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Maxuproc parameter and number of processes Post 303035342 by kah00na on Tuesday 21st of May 2019 03:57:45 PM
Old 05-21-2019
To monitor the maxuproc, I find the user's id with:
Code:
lsuser -a id user

, then use:
Code:
ps -fu $id | wc -l

to count their processes.

--- Post updated at 02:57 PM ---

If you're interested, here's a section of a script I use to monitor every users' current maxuproc.
Code:
numprocs=$(lsattr -El sys0|grep maxuproc|awk '{print $2}')
let threshprocs=$numprocs-50
lsuser -a id ALL > /tmp/maxuproc.tmp
while read uid unum
do
    kount=`ps -fu $uid|wc -l|awk '{print $1}'`
    if (( kount > threshprocs )) then
      echo " High Process Count for User: " $uid
      echo " Exceeds Threshold Value Set in this SCRIPT: " $threshprocs
      echo " Current Process Count: " $kount
      echo " Max Process Count: "     $numprocs
      echo "                    "
      ps -fu $uid
      errors_found="TRUE"
    fi
done  < /tmp/maxuproc.tmp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to find number of processes ?

Hi , I need to count all processes contains the pattren "FND" For Example: I was reteriving the details of all processes related to "FND" by this command $ ps -ef | grep FND but now I just wanna count them . Regards Adel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking if parameter passed is a number

I have written a function that fills an array and another function where if a parameter is supplied it will jump to that part of the array and cat it to the screen. I need to put in some checks to make sure the parameter supplied is firstly a number and then not a number great than the length of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnia
2 Replies

3. Programming

How to limit the number of child processes

I need a mechanism to fork child processes and all child processes should connect to a server.but the number of child processes should be limited(for ex:50) Here's my pseudo, but I cant figure out how to limit the child process number. Should I use a semaphore? or what? for(;;)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic number of parameter

Hi all Is there away to create a script with dynamic number of parameter.. like the kill command in UNIX kill -9 xxx xxx cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: co0oly
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Control Number of Processes Running

Hi Is there a way to count how many processes a script has started, count how many of these have finished, and make the script wait if their difference goes over a given threshold? I am using a script to repeatedly execute a code (~100x) which converts 2 data files into one .plt which is in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbones
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check parameter is number or string

Hey I'm new in linux, I'm looking for a code to check whether the parameter is a number or a string. I have already tried this code: eerste=$(echo $1 | grep "^*$">aux) if But it doesn't work.:confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eclecticaa
2 Replies

7. AIX

Maximum number of processes kernel parameter

Hi, Is there a maximum number of processes kernel parameter in AIX. Solaris has max_nprocs, HP-UX has nproc, I can only find max user process (maxuproc) for AIX. Thanks, Wilson. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
3 Replies

8. AIX

Maxuproc vs ulimit -u [processes(per user)]

Morning, Somebody can tell me in AIX 6.1 what is the different between the maxuproc (lsattr -El sys0 | grep max) and the for a user. Example: Oracle is limited by : #ulimit -u processes(per user) unlimited But lsattr -El sys0| grep maxuproc show me : maxuproc 16384 So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bacup540
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maxuproc and limit

// AIX 6.1 & Power 7 server I have maxuproc set to 16384. lsattr -El sys0 -a maxuproc maxuproc 16384 Maximum number of PROCESSES allowed per user True What is the maximum number of maxuproc we can go for? If I increase maxuproc to the higher number, what would be ramifications? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Increase maxuproc value

Hi Guys, I am running RHEL6 and now my processes reach maximum limit. How do I increase the maxuproc value? Can I increase the value without rebooting the server? Thanks in advance... Please Help!!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)