Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send email using postfix
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send email using postfix Post 303035266 by Peasant on Saturday 18th of May 2019 12:49:20 AM
Old 05-18-2019
You are trying to set postfix to relay mail thru gmail presume ?

This looks like a reasonable howto.
Getting started with Postfix, an open source mail transfer agent | Opensource.com

Regards
Peasant.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check postfix deferred mail and send notification script

Hi Guys, I have a postfix server which is deferring emails. Now I need to send notification to a specific email address if: The sender of the deferred email is: abc@example.com Contains specific subjects: a file (/opt/subjects) contains all the subjects in place Then need to send a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxrulz
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Postfix - Send mails to specific domains only

Hello, I am working on postfix server on CentOS 5.8 which will be send mails to a specific domain only. All the things are nearly finished but i am not getting how to setup the postfix to send mails to specific domains. Please help me out. Thanks, Sunny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Postfix - want to send email to some non-existent user using alias

Hi, I know how to use email redirection using /etc/aliases file + postfix combination and it is working fine for existing users. The question I have is: I want to send an email to tony@server1.example.com while tony user is actually not there. Rather, I want to redirect that email to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
0 Replies
POSTFIX-ADD-FILTER(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     POSTFIX-ADD-FILTER(8)

NAME
postfix-add-filter - add filter service to Postfix master.cf SYNOPSIS
postfix-add-filter [smtp service name...] [smtpd port...] DESCRIPTION
The postfix-add-filter(8) command adds an smtp service named smtp service name and and smtpd server listening on smtpd port to etc/post- fix/master.cf to facilitate integration of SMTP filters such as amavisd-new or clamsmtp. The configuration is based on the upstream recom- mendations for amavisd-new 2.6.0. Adminstrators should verify it is appropriate for their requirements. The original file is copied prior to modification and left in /etc/postfix to make it possible to revert changes easily. Available in the Debian package for Postfix version 2.5.3 and later. DIAGNOSTICS
If the given smtp service name or smtpd port already appear in the master.cf, a message will be printed to standard out and master.cf will not be modified. ENVIRONMENT
MAIL_CONFIG Directory with Postfix configuration files. The postfix-add-filter(8) command should use this, but it currently doesn't. It is hard coded to /etc/postfix. This should be changed. CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
None FILES
/etc/postfix/master.cf SEE ALSO
postconf(5), Postfix configuration LICENSE
This software is licensed under the MIT open source license. AUTHOR(S) Scott Kitterman <scott@kitterman.com> POSTFIX-ADD-FILTER(8)