Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Versioning up a file with initials? Post 303035264 by scribling on Friday 17th of May 2019 11:55:04 PM
Old 05-18-2019
That works but I lose the "initials."
The file produced is 098_FGT_550_comp_v0003.nk

Once I get this working, several different people will be using it, so I need it to restore the initials.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris versioning

Please correct me if I am wrong... Isnt the only difference between minor releases of Solaris, ex. 9/04 and 9/05, is the patche revs between them? If so, why does the /etc/release info stay static when patched? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhm4
4 Replies

2. Programming

binary versioning

Dear Members, Do you know any information about versioning a binary file. That means test.out 1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.1.0, and so on. Can I manually edit version number (both major and minor) and revision number myself (how?) or any utility to set version number (which one?). Best Regards, Francesco (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: francescoandrio
2 Replies

3. Linux

Any Filesystems in Linux Support Versioning?

A question that has come up repeatedly where I work from our former VMS guys is... "will any Linux filesystem ever support versioning like RMS did"? When they talk about versioning they really are talking about something that *I think* would involve having apps that support versioning. For... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Versioning with Shell Script

Need to add the version date to the moved file if same file name in folder exists and limit the same files in the folder. Ex: If moved or copy file abc.txt to folder XYZ then append the version date abc07112011.txt or abc07122011.txt in the folder. \xyz abc07132011.txt abc07122011.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brado
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Initials of a name

I'm stuck, so please tell me how to print the initials of a name (for ex E C for Eric Cartman). If you could suggest a website related to string handling then that would be much appreciated too. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepwoodsv
3 Replies

6. SCO

Versioning through undelete

Hi , I am using SCO openserver realease 3.2 and tried to test versioning on a directory with undelete -s . The command executes well but it is not creating any versions of the files in it. I have also setted versioning options via filesystem and then remounted it but of ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
0 Replies

7. Programming

Execution problem with Libtool Versioning control

Hi, Is anybody familiar with libtool could explain me the following issue.? I've created a small factorial program(fact_impl.c, fact_appln.c & fact.h) in order to know about this libtool. >>> fact.h #include<stdio.h> #include<math.h> extern unsigned int fact_num(unsigned int num);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parameswaran
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a file with common initials and last words

Hi, I have a requirement like i have to find out files and remove them on a daily basis. The files are generated as abc_jnfn_201404230004.csv abc_jnfo_201404230004.csv abc_jnfp_201404230004.csv abc_jnfq_201404230004.csv abd_jnfn_201404220004.csv abe_jnfn_201404220004.csv i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohammed_Tabish
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get versioning of the branch name dynamically

Hi, I need to get versioning of the branch name dynamically. can you please help us to achieve this functionality. curl https://altrecmktg.com/artifactory/mediamarketing/release-2.0.1/altrec.tar curl https://altrecmktg.com/artifactory/mediamarketing/release-2.0.2/altrec.tar everytime... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
5 Replies
CW(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						     CW(7)

NAME
CW - the international Morse code DESCRIPTION
CW is an abbreviation for "continuous wave", the commonly used technical term for Morse code communication. A basic knowledge or under- standing of Morse code is a requirement for Radio Amateurs and Marine Radio Operators in many parts of the world. MORSE CODE TIMINGS In Morse code, a dot or dash is referred to as an element. The basic timing unit is the dot period. This is the time taken to send a dot, not including any space before or after the dot. The lengths of all other elements are then derived from this basic unit, using the fol- lowing rules: The duration of a dash is three dots. The time between each element (dot or dash) is one dot length. The space between characters is three dot lengths. The space between words is seven dot lengths. The following formula calculates the dot period in microseconds from the Morse code speed in words per minute: dot period = ( 1200000 / speed ) This formula arises from the use of the word PARIS as a 'standard' word for calibrating Morse code speed. PARIS is 50 units long when sent in Morse code. Analysis of English plain-text indicates that the average word is 50 units, including spaces. MORSE CODE CHARACTERS The following list shows the IS0 8859-1 (Latin-1) characters that have commonly understood representations in Morse code: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789"$()+-./:;=?_@ and space In addition, following ISO 8859-1 and ISO 8859-2 accented characters are also part of the generally accepted international Morse code: UACOEEANS (S with cedilla), (Z with caron/hacek), Finally, libcw adds the following ASCII characters as extensions to single character procedural signals: <>!&^~ MORSE CODE CHARACTER TABLES The following table shows the Morse code equivalents for the ISO 8859-1, accented ISO 8859-1, and accented ISO 8859-2 characters above. The ASCII portion of this table is taken from the ARRL Handbook, and the accented extensions from various other sources: Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code ------------------------------------------------------- A .- B -... C -.-. D -.. E . F ..-. G --. H .... I .. J .--- K -.- L .-.. M -- N -. O --- P .--. Q --.- R .-. S ... T - U ..- V ...- W .-- X -..- Y -.-- Z --.. 0 ----- 1 .---- 2 ..--- 3 ...-- 4 ....- 5 ..... 6 -.... 7 --... 8 ---.. 9 ----. " .-..-. ' .----. $ ...-..- ( -.--. ) -.--.- + .-.-. , --..-- - -....- . .-.-.- / -..-. : ---... ; -.-.-. = -...- ? ..--.. _ ..--.- Ch Code Ch Code ------------------------------------------------- U ..-- A .-.- C -.-.. O ---. E ..-.. A .-..- A .--.- N --.-- S (S+cedilla) ---- (Z+caron/hacek) --..- In addition to the above standard characters, the following characters are conventionally used for punctuation and procedural signals as follows: Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code ------------------------------------------------------- " .-..-. ' .----. $ ...-..- ( -.--. ) -.--.- + .-.-. , --..-- - -....- . .-.-.- / -..-. : ---... ; -.-.-. = -...- ? ..--.. _ ..--.- @ .--.-. and the following are non-conventional extensions implemented by libcw: Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code Ch Code ----------------------------------------------------- < ...-.- > -...-.- ! ...-. & .-... ^ -.-.- ~ .-.-.. An alternative view of punctuation and procedural signals is as combination Morse characters: Ch Prosig Ch Prosig Ch Prosig Ch Prosig --------------------------------------------------------- " [AF] ' [WG] $ [SX] ( [KN] ) [KK] + [AR] , [MIM] - [DU] . [AAA] / [DN] : [OS] ; [KR] = [BT] ? [IMI] _ [IQ] @ [AC] < [VA],[SK] > [BK] ! [SN] & [AS] ^ [KA] ~ [AL] NOTES
Despite the fact that this manual page constantly and consistently refers to Morse code elements as dots and dashes, DO NOT think in these terms when trying to learn Morse code. Always think of them as 'dit's and 'dah's. SEE ALSO
Man pages for libcw(3,LOCAL), cw(1,LOCAL), cwgen(1,LOCAL), cwcp(1,LOCAL), and xcwcp(1,LOCAL). CW Tutor Package CW(7)