Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Versioning up a file with initials? Post 303035264 by scribling on Friday 17th of May 2019 11:55:04 PM
Old 05-18-2019
That works but I lose the "initials."
The file produced is 098_FGT_550_comp_v0003.nk

Once I get this working, several different people will be using it, so I need it to restore the initials.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris versioning

Please correct me if I am wrong... Isnt the only difference between minor releases of Solaris, ex. 9/04 and 9/05, is the patche revs between them? If so, why does the /etc/release info stay static when patched? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhm4
4 Replies

2. Programming

binary versioning

Dear Members, Do you know any information about versioning a binary file. That means test.out 1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.1.0, and so on. Can I manually edit version number (both major and minor) and revision number myself (how?) or any utility to set version number (which one?). Best Regards, Francesco (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: francescoandrio
2 Replies

3. Linux

Any Filesystems in Linux Support Versioning?

A question that has come up repeatedly where I work from our former VMS guys is... "will any Linux filesystem ever support versioning like RMS did"? When they talk about versioning they really are talking about something that *I think* would involve having apps that support versioning. For... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Versioning with Shell Script

Need to add the version date to the moved file if same file name in folder exists and limit the same files in the folder. Ex: If moved or copy file abc.txt to folder XYZ then append the version date abc07112011.txt or abc07122011.txt in the folder. \xyz abc07132011.txt abc07122011.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brado
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Initials of a name

I'm stuck, so please tell me how to print the initials of a name (for ex E C for Eric Cartman). If you could suggest a website related to string handling then that would be much appreciated too. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepwoodsv
3 Replies

6. SCO

Versioning through undelete

Hi , I am using SCO openserver realease 3.2 and tried to test versioning on a directory with undelete -s . The command executes well but it is not creating any versions of the files in it. I have also setted versioning options via filesystem and then remounted it but of ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
0 Replies

7. Programming

Execution problem with Libtool Versioning control

Hi, Is anybody familiar with libtool could explain me the following issue.? I've created a small factorial program(fact_impl.c, fact_appln.c & fact.h) in order to know about this libtool. >>> fact.h #include<stdio.h> #include<math.h> extern unsigned int fact_num(unsigned int num);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parameswaran
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a file with common initials and last words

Hi, I have a requirement like i have to find out files and remove them on a daily basis. The files are generated as abc_jnfn_201404230004.csv abc_jnfo_201404230004.csv abc_jnfp_201404230004.csv abc_jnfq_201404230004.csv abd_jnfn_201404220004.csv abe_jnfn_201404220004.csv i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohammed_Tabish
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get versioning of the branch name dynamically

Hi, I need to get versioning of the branch name dynamically. can you please help us to achieve this functionality. curl https://altrecmktg.com/artifactory/mediamarketing/release-2.0.1/altrec.tar curl https://altrecmktg.com/artifactory/mediamarketing/release-2.0.2/altrec.tar everytime... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
5 Replies
Biber::Entry::Name(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Biber::Entry::Name(3pm)

NAME
Biber::Entry::Name - Biber::Entry::Name objects new Initialize a Biber::Entry::Name object, optionally with key=>value arguments. Ex: Biber::Entry::Name->new( lastname=>"Bolzmann", firstname=>"Anna Maria", prefix => "von" ) TO_JSON Serialiser for JSON::XS::encode notnull Test for an empty object was_stripped Return boolean to tell if the passed field had braces stripped from the original set_hash Set a hash for the name get_hash Get a hash for the name set_index Set a field telling what position in the name list the name is get_index Get the index of a Biber::Entry::Name object set_uniquename Set uniquename for a visible Biber::Entry::Name object Sets global flag to say that some uniquename value has changed set_uniquename_all Set uniquename for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_uniquename Get uniquename for a visible Biber::Entry::Name object get_uniquename_all Get uniquename for a Biber::Entry::Name object reset_uniquename Reset uniquename for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_minimal_info Set the string of lastnames and string of fullnames Used to track uniquename=5 or 6 get_minimal_info Get the name context used to track uniquename=5 or 6 get_namepart Get a namepart by passed name set_firstname Set firstname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_firstname Get firstname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_firstname_i Get firstname initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_middlename Set middlename for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_middlename Get middlename for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_middlename_i Get middlename initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_lastname Set lastname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_lastname Get lastname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_lastname_i Get lastname initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_suffix Set suffix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_suffix Get suffix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_suffix_i Get suffix initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_prefix Set prefix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_prefix Get prefix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_prefix_i Get prefix initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_gender Set gender for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_gender Get gender for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_namestring Set namestring for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_namestring Get namestring for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_nameinitstring Set nameinitstring for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_nameinitstring Get nameinitstring for a Biber::Entry::Name object name_to_bbl { Return bbl data for a name name_to_bltxml { Add BibLaTeXML for the name to an XML::Writer object dump Dump Biber::Entry::Name object AUTHORS
Francois Charette, "<firmicus at ankabut.net>" Philip Kime "<philip at kime.org.uk>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests on our sourceforge tracker at <https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=browse&group_id=228270>. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009-2012 Francois Charette and Philip Kime, all rights reserved. This module is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-17 Biber::Entry::Name(3pm)