Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help on passing an input variable to the voronota program (after third pipe) Post 303035224 by Aurimas on Thursday 16th of May 2019 03:26:26 PM
Old 05-16-2019
Dear all,

How can I exit the script and return to terminal if domains is not equal to .pdb file, which i specifies . How could I make domains to be equal to "e" or any other string, number, etc. that would mean for the script to exit it and return to terminal?

The upgraded script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
for i in $( ls ); do
    echo $i
    read -p "Domains: " domains
    cat $i | voronota get-balls-from-atoms-file --annotated | voronota calculate-contacts --annotated | voronota query-contacts --match-first "'c<$domains>'" --match-second 'R<ALA>' | awk '{sum += $3} END {print sum}'
done

I will look forward to your replies.

Sincerely,
Aurimas

--- Post updated at 07:26 PM ---

Solved. No need for help.

Last edited by Aurimas; 05-16-2019 at 04:26 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing struct through unix pipe -solved

EDIT: Nevermind, called a friend who is good at this stuff and he figured it out :D Hi all, So I'm trying to teach myself to write programs for unix in c. I am currently creating a program, and I need to pass a struct through a pipe, but I can't figure out how. The struct I want to pass... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twnsfn34
0 Replies

2. Solaris

sendmail pipe to a program.

Hello, I recently upgraded our server from Solaris 8 to 9. The sendmail is unabled to pipe the email to a perl script. I can send and received email to local and external mail, but the script did not get the email. There is no error in the log and I could not find any thing on the web. Here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ld98
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell variable to c++ program as input

I have an Shell script which has few global variables eg : range=100; echo "$range" I want to use the same variable in my C++ program for example int main() { cout << range << "\n"; } i tried using this int main(int argc, char *argv) { cout << range << "\n"; } but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
5 Replies

4. Programming

pipe program in C

Hello guys, my professor give me 2 days to study and make a program usign pipe, fork in c i need to do a program read a arq.txt the father process read the file and the child print ! like this #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/wait.h> int main (){ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beandj
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

pipe program in C

Hello guys, my professor give me 2 days to study and make a program usign pipe, fork in c i need to do a program read a arq.txt the father process read the file and the child print ! 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: like this Code: #include <stdio.h>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beandj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use an input pipe ?

Hi all, I would like to use properly an input pipe, like this : cat myFile.txt | myCommand.shI always find this solution : while read line; do ...; donebut I have a great lost of performance ! On a big file, with a simple grep, I can spend 2400 times more time ! oO (from 0,023sec to 1m)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeNouveau
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable as an input file to AWK comand

Hi, I would like to compare 2 files using awk, which I can do by using: awk 'NR==FNR{a;next} (NR > 32 && $2 in a) {print $0}' File1 and File2. If the name of the File1 is in another file (for example, column 4 in File 3) then how can I pass this column 4 to the awk command. Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezhil01
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable as input to another shell

I have a shell program that calls another shell program the following code works . chkTimeFormat.sh "10/9/12 17:51:19:783."|read c but when I am passing the the time in a variable like in the code below, the shell chkTimeFormat.sh is not returning proper value time="10/9/12... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing variable as input & storing output in other variable

I have a below syntax its working fine... var12=$(ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{print $2,$4}') Im getting expected output as below: printf "%b\n" "${VAR12}" dell 123 dell 456 dell 457 Now I wrote a while loop.. the output of VAR12 should be passed as input parameters to while loop and results... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

While read pipe input issue

Hello, I have an ffmpeg bash script which is working nice and I need to do the same for other sources. To create new scripts and to deal with multiple bash files sounds not logical. It is a bit hard to manage for me.. I wondered if it was possible to make my input file as variable. Then I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies
asadmin-list-domains(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-list-domains(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-domains, list-domains - lists the domains in the given domains directory SYNOPSIS
list-domains [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] list-domains lists the domains in the given domains directory. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domains are located. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not specified, the domains in the default install_dir/domains directory are listed. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Example 1: Using list-domains asadmin> list-domains List of domains: domain1 running samples not running Where: the domain1 and samples are listed and their status printed. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-domains(1AS)