Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Limit on number of pipes after long-running command? Post 303035197 by vgersh99 on Thursday 16th of May 2019 11:04:47 AM
Old 05-16-2019
I don't know what you mean by 6 is the id of my keyboard, which I found by running xinput list, but how about:
Code:
xinput test 6 6>&1 | awk '/press/ {print $3}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to limit the number of running instances of a script?

I would like to allow only one instance of a script to run at any moment. I've tried the following solution to count the instances but the result is always the number of running instances plus one and I can't find the problem ps -ef | grep $0 | sed '/^$/ d' | sed '/grep/ d' | wc -l Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oti
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of long limit

Hi Hi! I'm currently using AIX 5.2 and would like to know where can i find to see that there's a restriction on the number of login times a user can have. Example, I want give a 2 login per user but some one to give 3 login and some one have to give unlit login time (without logging off the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: herath
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting the number of pipes in line

Hi, I'm using the ksh shell. The scenario: I have a couple of directories /home/fd /home/fd/prsd home/fd/stg now i have number of files in each of these directories. some of the files are zipped using gzip so their extension is .gz the content of the files is as follows ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirnay_s
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to limit number of Commands

Is there a way that I can limit number of commands that one user can run during period of time. For example Max 10 commands per senconds.:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: winger0608
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Limit on Number of Cron Jobs Running on one Account

Hello, I have some 150 Cron Jobs running under my UNIX account. I want to add some more jobs. Is there a limit to the number of cron jobs that can be run on an account? Thank you. Pramodini (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramodini Rode
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop running after reaching limit

Hi frnds i am newbie in linux and trying to write a simple script for adding users.the problem is i am running a while loop under function and loop is running for 3 time more than limit.Here is my Script and output pls help me out : # CREATE N NO. OF USERS WITH PASSWORD IN SYSTEM #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit Number of files

hi guys how can i limit number of files in a disk or partition ? or how can i make a limit to inode number for a disk or partition ? ext3 or ext4 file system (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhs
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit process number in TOP command outupt

Linux top command prints more than 40 processes. top -b -n 1 > Top_Output.txt Is there a straight-forward option/way to limit only till the top 5 processes. ( Instead of using head, tail or other unix commands together) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to put a 80 character limit on a long topic line in markdown?

I have a topic line in markdown that spans more than 80 characters that i need to add a line break. Markdown is simply treating the line break as a brand new line instead of continuing as a topic line. Eg: # This is a very long line Markdown interprets it as This is a very long line (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk command input string too long, limit

cat filename| awk '{ $1=""; print $0}' in my file there are few lines that has more than 3000 characters per line and as soon as I run the above command it cores, strings core reveals that the awk is failing because input string too long, limit. can i get some help from the experts to find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: knijjar
8 Replies
xinput(1)                                                     General Commands Manual                                                    xinput(1)

NAME
xinput - utility to configure and test X input devices SYNOPSIS
xinput [OPTIONS] [DEVICE] DESCRIPTION
xinput is a utility to list available input devices, query information about a device and change input device settings. OPTIONS
--version Test if the X Input extension is available and return the version number of the program and the version supported by the server. This option does not require a device name. --list [--short || --long || --name-only || --id-only] [device] If no argument is given list all the input devices. If an argument is given, show all the features of device. If --long is pro- vided, the output includes detailed information about the capabilities of each devices. Otherwise, or if --short is provided, only the device names and some minimal information is listed. If --name-only is provided, the output is limited to the device names. One device name is listed per line. Note that the order the devices are listed is undefined. If --id-only is provided, the output is limited to the device IDs. One device ID is listed per line. Note that the order the devices are listed is undefined. --get-feedbacks device Display the feedbacks of device. --set-pointer device Switch device in core pointer. This option does nothing on X servers 1.5 and later. --set-mode device ABSOLUTE|RELATIVE Change the mode of device. --set-ptr-feedback device threshold num denom Change the pointer acceleration (or feedback) parameters of device. The xset(1) man page has more details. For X.Org Server 1.7 and above, there are additional device properties pertaining to pointer acceleration. These do not replace, but complement the pointer feedback setting. --set-integer-feedback device index value Change the value of an integer feedback of device. --set-button-map device map_button_1 [map_button_2 [...]] Change the button mapping of device. The buttons are specified in physical order (starting with button 1) and are mapped to the logical button provided. 0 disables a button. The default button mapping for a device is 1 2 3 4 5 6 etc. --query-state device Query the device state. --list-props device [device [...]] Lists properties that can be set for the given device(s). --set-int-prop device property format value Sets an integer property for the device. Appropriate values for format are 8, 16, or 32, depending on the property. Deprecated, use --set-prop instead. --set-float-prop device property value Sets a float property for the device. Deprecated, use --set-prop instead. --set-prop [--type=atom|float|int] [--format=8|16|32] device property value [...] Set the property to the given value(s). If not specified, the format and type of the property are left as-is. The arguments are interpreted according to the property type. --watch-props device Prints to standard out when property changes occur. --delete-prop device property Delete the property from the device. --test [-proximity] device Register all extended events from device and enter an endless loop displaying events received. If the -proximity is given, Proximi- tyIn and ProximityOut are registered. --test-xi2 [device] Register for a number of XI2 events and display them. If a device is given, only events on this device are displayed. --create-master prefix [sendCore] [enable] Create a new pair of master devices on an XI2-enabled server with the given prefix. The server will create one master pointer named "prefix pointer" and one master keyboard named "prefix keyboard". If sendCore is 1, this pair of master devices is set to send core events (default). If enable is 1, this master device pair will be enabled immediately (default). --remove-master master [Floating|AttachToMaster] [returnPointer] [returnKeyboard] Remove master and its paired master device. Attached slave devices are set floating if Floating is specified or the argument is omitted. If the second argument is AttachToMaster, returnPointer specifies the master pointer to attach all slave pointers to and returnKeyboard specifies the master keyboard to attach all slave keyboards to. --reattach slave master Reattach slave to master. --float slave Remove slave from its current master device. --set-cp window master Set the ClientPointer for the client owning window to master. master must specify a master pointer. --map-to-output device crtc Restricts the movements of the absolute device to the RandR crtc. The output name must match a currently connected output (see xrandr(1)). If the NVIDIA binary driver is detected or RandR 1.2 or later is not available, a Xinerama output may be specified as "HEAD-N", with N being the Xinerama screen number. This option has no effect on relative devices. --enable device Enable the device. This call is equivalent to xinput --set-prop device "Device Enabled" 1 --disable device Disable the device. This call is equivalent to xinput --set-prop device "Device Enabled" 0 device can be the device name as a string or the XID of the device. slave can be the device name as a string or the XID of a slave device. master can be the device name as a string or the XID of a master device. property can be the property as a string or the Atom value. SEE ALSO
X(7), xset(1), xrandr(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1996,1997, Frederic Lepied. Copyright 2007, Peter Hutterer. Copyright 2008, Philip Langdale. Copyright 2009-2011, Red Hat, Inc. AUTHORS
Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer@who-t.net> Philip Langdale, <philipl@alumni.utexas.net> Frederic Lepied, France <Frederic.Lepied@sugix.frmug.org> Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> Thomas Jaeger <ThJaeger@gmail.com> and more. X Version 11 xinput 1.6.0 xinput(1)