Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to output non-number lines with grep? Post 303035152 by twotwo on Wednesday 15th of May 2019 11:26:55 AM
Old 05-15-2019
Great. It works. Thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep / zgrep to output ONLY the matching filename and line number?

Hi all, I am trying to zgrep / grep list of files so that it displays only the matching filename:line number and does not display the whole line, like: (echo "1.txt";echo "2.txt") | xargs zgrep -no STRING If I use -o option, it displays the matching STRING and if not used, displays the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of lines returned from a grep command

hi all, from a shell (ksh) script, i am doing a 'grep'. how do i find out the number of lines returned from that 'grep' command ?? thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to grep a number from output line

I`m having a output shown below, CFR 235,BBC DM-2 ALL CFR 111,BBC DM-2 ALL CFR 333,BBC DM-2 ALL from the above Output i want to use 235,111,333 as input for other purpose. these no always change every time i run script.so please suggest me the way i could do it with example,i have tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_aaa27
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep the output between specific lines

Symmetrix ID : 00000001234 Host Name : myown Identifiers Found : 5000000000000000 5000000000000001 Device Cap(MB) Attr Dir:P ------ ------- ---- ---- 1234 25886 (M) 8D:1, 9D:1 0123 25886 (M) 8D:1, 9D:1 1345 25886 (M) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy.san
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep range of lines to print a line number on match

Hi Guru's, I am trying to grep a range of line numbers (based on match) and then look for another match which starts with a special character '$' and print the line number. I have the below code but it is actually printing the line number counting starting from the first line of the range i am... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines for number greater than given number

Hello, I am newbie to bash scripting. Could someone help me with the following. I have log file with output as shown below **************************LOG************************* 11/20/2013 9:11:23.64 Pinging xx.xx.xx.xx with 32 bytes of data: 11/20/2013 9:11:23.64 Reply from xx.xx.xx.xx:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meena_2013
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep SQL output file for greater than number.

Hi, This is my first post. I have a korn shell script which outputs a select statment to a file. There is only one column and one row which contains a record count of the select statement. The select statement looks something like this: SELECT COUNT(some_field) AS "count_value" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MurdocUK
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print N number of lines before and after the grep?

Hi , My record file , need to print up to above (DATA array)(there may be n no lines ) , grep "myvalue" row now .....suggest me some options --- DATA Array--- record type xxxxx sequence type yyyyy 2 3---> data1 /dev/ --- DEVICE --- MAXIMUM_People= data_blocks= MY_value=2 xyz abc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huvan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to output lines less than number

I am trying to output all lines in a file where $7 is less than 30. The below code does create a result file, but with all lines in the original file. The original file is tab deliminated is that the problem? Thank you :). awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS=","} $7 < 30 {print}' file.txt > result.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I use grep to grab prime number output from my factor program?

I have a factor program that runs and outputs to stdout all the prime numbers that are specified in the given paramters, in this case 30000000-31000000. Command: factor/factor 30000000-31000000 Sample output: 30999979 = 30999979 30999980 = 2^2 5 11 140909 30999981 = 3 10333327... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
6 Replies
__SKB_RECV_DATAGRAM(9)						 Linux Networking					    __SKB_RECV_DATAGRAM(9)

NAME
__skb_recv_datagram - Receive a datagram skbuff SYNOPSIS
struct sk_buff * __skb_recv_datagram(struct sock * sk, unsigned int flags, int * peeked, int * off, int * err); ARGUMENTS
sk socket flags MSG_ flags peeked returns non-zero if this packet has been seen before off an offset in bytes to peek skb from. Returns an offset within an skb where data actually starts err error code returned DESCRIPTION
Get a datagram skbuff, understands the peeking, nonblocking wakeups and possible races. This replaces identical code in packet, raw and udp, as well as the IPX AX.25 and Appletalk. It also finally fixes the long standing peek and read race for datagram sockets. If you alter this routine remember it must be re-entrant. This function will lock the socket if a skb is returned, so the caller needs to unlock the socket in that case (usually by calling skb_free_datagram) * It does not lock socket since today. This function is * free of race conditions. This measure should/can improve * significantly datagram socket latencies at high loads, * when data copying to user space takes lots of time. * (BTW I've just killed the last cli in IP/IPv6/core/netlink/packet * 8) Great win.) * --ANK (980729) The order of the tests when we find no data waiting are specified quite explicitly by POSIX 1003.1g, don't change them without having the standard around please. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 __SKB_RECV_DATAGRAM(9)