Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Expand Variables and Wildcards into another variable. Post 303035139 by anbu23 on Wednesday 15th of May 2019 05:59:12 AM
Old 05-15-2019
Code:
file_path=${output_dir}
files_list=`ls ${output_dir}/*MIGRATE*${city_name}*.out`

This User Gave Thanks to anbu23 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I put wildcards in an if statement that uses variables?

With the if statement: if How can I make it so it accepts a wildcard after the ${CURR_DAY_MONTH} variable? Putting a -f /webtrends/SUN/mrw2/access.${CURR_DAY_DAY}${CURR_DAY_MONTH}* won't work, right? I think I need some kind of special character so it knows the wildcard is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to seperate a variable in 2 variables

Dear all, i dont know how to split one variable value in 2 variable. please send me any example. variable1= "abcde developer" now i want to seperate the values and seperator is space. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: intikhabalam
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to expand environment variables in a file?

I am new to unix and would appreciate if someone could help. I have an environment variable SourceFilePath=/db1/Src/test set on the unix server. I want to expand this SHELL variable in a file using any command sed, awk etc File contents is as follows: var=$SourceFilePath/file.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: debbie15
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using wildcards in variables in zsh

Probably a stupid question... how do I use a wildcard in a variable in zsh? If I do: var=* echo $var in bash, it will print all files/directories in the current directory. If I do it in zsh, it will only output an asterisk without the wildcard functionality. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RainbowLAr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop using input file doesn't expand variables

Hi, I'm using a for loop reading from an input file that contains files, whose path includes a variable name. But the for loop doesn't expand the variable and therefore can't find the file. Here's an example: File BACKUPFILES /home/John/alpha /home/Sue/beta... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hesiod
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expand an environment variable in sed, when the variable contains a slash

I'm trying to make a sed substitution where the substitution pattern is an environment variable to be expanded, but the variable contains a "slash". sed -e 's/<HOME_DIRECTORY>/'$HOME'/'This gives me the following error: sed: -e expression #1, char 21: unknown option to `s'Obviously this is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic variables - eval - expand etc.

Hello, so i'm making a script, using dynamic variables and trying to expand them. So far it hasn't worked out too well so it seems that I need some help from you, the elite. Example: #!/bin/sh counter=0 until (($counter>5)) counter2=1 until (($counter2>6)); do if ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set a variable name from another variables value?

Experts, I want to set value of variables like this in bash shell: i=5 ; L=100 I want variable d5 (that is d(i) ) to be assign the value of $L , d$i=$L ; echo $d5 Not working Thanks., (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable variables

Hello, Can you please help here? DAY=$1 MONTH_MONDAY_YEAR = 1 2 3 4 for i in ${MONTH_${DAY}_YEAR} do echo ${i} done ./test.sh MONDAY ./test.sh: line 3: MONTH_MONDAY_YEAR: command not found ./test.sh: line 10: ${MONTH_${DAY}_YEAR}: bad substitution (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle grepping variable data containing wildcards?

I have a lot of files with keywords and unique names. I'm using a shell script to refer to a simple pattern file with comma separated values in order to match on certain keywords. The problem is that I don't understand how to handle the wildcard values when I want to skip over the unique names. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abercrom
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)