Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk to add +1 to value based on condition in input Post 303035095 by nezabudka on Tuesday 14th of May 2019 03:00:46 PM
Old 05-14-2019
Hi, try so
Code:
awk -F "[, -]" '
!/^VPS/         {next}
($0 ~ "-")      {print $4, $5, $6, $1; next}
                {print $4, ($5-1), $5, $1}
' OFS="\t" file

This User Gave Thanks to nezabudka For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to split a file based on the condition

I have the file with the records like 4234234 US phone 3244234 US cup 2342342 CA phone 8947234 US phone 2389472 CA cup 2348972 US maps 3894234 CA phone I want the records with (US,phone) as record to be in one file, (Us, cup) in another file and (CA,cup) to be in another I mean all... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprogrammer
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to print on condition in input file

I need only those records which has $2 equal to "DEF" independent of case (i.e upper or lower) nawk -F"," '$2 ~ //{print $0}' file This returns 3rd record also which i dont want I tried this but this doesnt work as expected. nawk -F"," '$2 == ""{print $0}' file i dont... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy input file based on condition

Hi, I am new to unix shell programming. I want to write a shell script for a functionality existing in mainframe system. I have one file as below as input 123456 &__987 &12yuq abcdef _ referes to blank condition:whenever the input file is having &__ ,it should be replaced... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan0703
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change in Input feed based on condition file

Sorry Guys for not being able to explain in one of my earlier post. I am now putting my requirement with the input file and desired output file. In the below input file - Transaction code is at position 31:40. Business code is from position 318:321 TSCM00000005837 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move input file based on condition

Hello, I have File1 in a directory A, a File2 in a directory B. If the File2 is not empty Then I have to move File1 from directory A to a directory archive Else no action. Is it possible to do this from one command line? Thank you in advance for your answers. Madi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelMady
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Awk finding and replacing a field based on a condition

Hi everybody, I'm trying to replace the $98 field with "T" if the last field (108th) is T I've tried awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS="|"} {if ($108=="T")sub($98,"T"); print}' test.txt but that doesn't do anything also tried awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS="|"}{ /*T.$/ sub($98,"T")} { print}' test.txt but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jghi123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on condition in awk

In the following tab-delimited input, I am checking $7 for the keyword intronic. If that keyword is found then $2 is split by the . in each line and if the string after the digits or the +/- is >10, then that line is deleted. This will always be the case for intronic. If $7 is exonic then nothing... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk color codes based on condition

HI i have two files say test and test1 Test.txt Code: Lun01 2TB 1.99TB 99.6% Lun02 2TB 1.99TB 99.5% Lun03 2TB 1.99TB 99.5% Lun04 2TB 1.55TB 89.6% Code: Test1.txt Lun01 2TB 1.99TB 89.5% Lun02 2TB 1.99TB 99.5% Lun03 2TB 1.99TB 99.5% Requirement is to compare... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to reformat lines based on condition

The awk below uses the tab-delimeted fileand reformats each line based on one of three conditions (rules). The 3 rules are for deletion (lines in blue), snv (line in red), and insertion (lines in green). I have included all possible combinations of lines from my actual data, which is very large.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add new column based in condition

At begining of column 2 the same block (2000) have 3 lines, in the next block (2336) it have 9 lines and for block (2524) 3 lines. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
0 Replies
IO::Async::PID(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       IO::Async::PID(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::PID" - event callback on exit of a child process SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::PID; use POSIX qw( WEXITSTATUS ); use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $kid = $loop->fork( code => sub { print "Child sleeping.. "; sleep 10; print "Child exiting "; return 20; }, ); print "Child process $kid started "; my $pid = IO::Async::PID->new( pid => $kid, on_exit => sub { my ( $self, $exitcode ) = @_; printf "Child process %d exited with status %d ", $self->pid, WEXITSTATUS($exitcode); }, ); $loop->add( $pid ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier invokes its callback when a process exits. For most use cases, a IO::Async::Process object provides more control of setting up the process, connecting filehandles to it, sending data to and receiving data from it. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_exit $exitcode Invoked when the watched process exits. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": pid => INT The process ID to watch. Must be given before the object has been added to the containing "IO::Async::Loop" object. on_exit => CODE CODE reference for the "on_exit" event. Once the "on_exit" continuation has been invoked, the "IO::Async::PID" object is removed from the containing "IO::Async::Loop" object. METHODS
$process_id = $pid->pid Returns the underlying process ID $pid->kill( $signal ) Sends a signal to the process AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::PID(3pm)