Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Configuring Solaris 10 SPARC for internet ready connection Post 303035029 by hicksd8 on Saturday 11th of May 2019 09:07:50 AM
Old 05-11-2019
Also, have you tried putting a different machine (non-Solaris) on this wi-fi extended LAN connection eg, a Windows box, to check that the remote connection actually works?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris internet connection

Hi everyone, I just installed Solaris 10 in my PC. However, once I finished installing it, I lost my internet connection. When I switch to windows, the internet can run smoothly. Does anyone know how to set up internet connection in Solaris ? I am so sorry, I am new in UNIX (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: qqq
7 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris 10 isnt detecting my internet connection

I installed solaris 10 on my desktop pc, however it does not detect my internet connection. IM also running redhad and that detects it automatically, so i guess i have to go in manually and change something. Im new to all this however and i have no idea how to proceed. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stride6
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to connect to INTERNET using BSNL Broad band connection on Solaris-x86

Hi, Iam using BSNL broad band connection and i have installed two OS Xp & Sun solaris -x86 on my machine.Iam able to use INTERNET on windows Xp but not able to do it on solaris x86. I have tried using DHCP concept as well as sys-unconfig command in solaris but no results. When i use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

5. Solaris

share internet connection in solaris

Hi, how can i share internet connection to LAN in Solaris? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishindn
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Internet connection failed on solaris 10

Hi, i am new bie on solaris ,i just installed it on vmware. i tryed to connect to the internet from solaris but it failed. during the installation i ignore the DHCP and i assign a fixed ip address to the host. is that has an impact on internet access ? and if so how to add another interface... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mirsol
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 internet connection setup

I have a solaris 10 on my laptop. I want to let my internet work. Command: ifconfig -a Return: lo: ... e1000g0: ... I dont know what else to setup so when I open firefox, I have access to internet. Can anyone show me how to do the setting? Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbahaha
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Configuring NIC device in Solaris 9 SPARC OS [QEMU]

I have Xubuntu 18.04 installed on my PC. I have created a 10G .img image file created by QEMU-IMG. I have installed inside of it Solaris 9 SPARC edition . If I try and mount the image file as a loop device (using sudo losetup /dev/loop0 /path-to-img-file) I can only mount it as read only. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphatron150
1 Replies
openipmicmd(1)						     An IPMI Command Interface						    openipmicmd(1)

NAME
openipmicmd - An IPMI Command Interface SYNOPSIS
openipmicmd [-k entry-to-execute] <connection parms> DESCRIPTION
The openipmicmd program allows a user to execute direct IPMI commands. It can work with direct interface with the OpenIPMI driver or with IPMI LAN interfaces. OPTIONS
-k entry-to-execute Execute a single command an exit. <connection parms> The parameters for the connection depend on the connection type. These are all described in openipmi_conparms (7) COMMANDS
Once up, you can execute commands in the user interface. Note that commands and responses are asynchronous, you issue a command and the interface returns immediately. When the response comes back, it will be dumped on your console. That's a little strange looking, but IPMI is asynchronous underneath. Note that the -k option is synchronous, it will wait for the response or a timeout before returning. 0f lun netfn cmd [data1 [data2 ...]] Send a command to the BMC you are connected to. channel [ipmb] IPMB-addr lun netfn [seq] cmd [data1 [data2 ...]] Send a command to a device on the IPMB bus. The "ipmb" string is optional. The seq must be provided if the netfn is a response (an odd number). It must be the same sequence number that came in on the command in the "Command Sequence = seq" part of the command. channel 00 IPMB-addr lun netfn cmd [data1 [data2 ...]] Send a broadcast command to a device on the IPMB bus. channel lan handle remote-swid local-swid lun netfn cmd [data1 [data ...]] Send a command to a device over a LAN channel. Note that this not the same as a LAN connection. This sends a message through a local BMC to a remote system that is hooked up with a LAN connection. test_lat count command Executes the given commands (one of the previous commands) count times and gives the average time per command to execute. Note that "count" is hexadecimal. help Display some help. regcmd netfn cmd Register to receive the given command. If the driver receives an external command, it will print it out. This only works with sys- tem interface connections, it will not work on LAN connections. unregcmd netfn cmd Remove a command registration. SEE ALSO
ipmi_ui(1), ipmilan(8), openipmi_conparms(7) KNOWN PROBLEMS
The asynchronous nature of the program can be annoying. AUTHOR
Corey Minyard <cminyard@mvista.org> OpenIPMI 05/13/03 openipmicmd(1)