Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? PubNub Live Chat Beta Testing Post 303034932 by Neo on Thursday 9th of May 2019 11:51:46 AM
Old 05-09-2019
UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7607
  • Solved race condition when page is first mounted() by delaying getHereNow() by 3 seconds.

Could have been 2 to 5 seconds, so I compromised at 3 seconds:

Code:
async mounted() {
    setTimeout(this.getHereNow, 3000);
   // ...
}

Hey Craig,

What's the best way to keep the user's chat session alive (from a presence perspective) when they are just lurking and watching but not interacting?

Do I just set the initial presenceTimeout > 300, say 600 or maybe even 1200 seconds?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Live Chat For Solaris?

Does anyone know of any online live chat discussion groups for Solaris? If so, please let me know... Thanks! Rob Sandifer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

A Quick Video Overview of PubNub Live Chat @UNIX.com (version 0.7614)

A number of people have asked me to make some videos, so I just got my first condenser microphone and so I can make some amateurish screen casts. I will try to do better in the future. A quick overview of PubNub Live Chat @unix.com The video is best is you set the Quality to HD 1080. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Live Chat (Alpha) in UserCP SF 0.7517

Interesting.... I am still working on the kinks for Live Chat here at unix.com using a publish-subscribe API from PubNub. Two days ago while working on it, a new user joined the live chat and asked about how to post a new thread in the forum. Then today, one of the members of the PubNub team... (23 Replies)
23 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
AUTOUNMOUNTD(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   AUTOUNMOUNTD(8)

NAME
autounmountd -- daemon unmounting automounted filesystems SYNOPSIS
autounmountd [-d] [-r time] [-t time] [-v] DESCRIPTION
The autounmountd daemon is responsible for unmounting filesystems mounted by automountd(8). On startup, autounmountd retrieves a list of filesystems that have the automounted mount option set. The list is updated every time a filesystem is mounted or unmounted. After a speci- fied time passes, autounmountd attempts to unmount a filesystem, retrying after some time if necessary. These options are available: -d Debug mode: increase verbosity and do not daemonize. -r Number of seconds to wait before trying to unmount an expired filesystem after a previous attempt failed, possibly due to filesystem being busy. The default value is 600, or ten minutes. -t Number of seconds to wait before trying to unmount a filesystem. The default value is 600, or ten minutes. -v Increase verbosity. EXIT STATUS
The autounmountd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
auto_master(5), autofs(5), automount(8), automountd(8) HISTORY
The autounmountd daemon appeared in FreeBSD 10.1. AUTHORS
The autounmountd was developed by Edward Tomasz Napierala <trasz@FreeBSD.org> under sponsorship from the FreeBSD Foundation. BSD
December 13, 2014 BSD