Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? PubNub Live Chat Beta Testing Post 303034868 by Neo on Wednesday 8th of May 2019 11:12:18 AM
Old 05-08-2019
No Craig,

We are not calling hereNow every 300 ms.

LOL The function in updated() does not even fire, as I described. I don't think you fully understand how Vue.js lifecycle hooks or the JavaScript debounce() function works.

The updated() lifecycle hook in Vue.js only fires when there is a Vue.js event. In this code, that means it on fires on the events I described above.

Even when update() fires, the debounce() function does not fire because it fires only on the trailing edge of 300 ms and that function does not exist (the instance) because the update() lifecycle hook has already exited.

As I said above, that line of code does NOTHING. And in the current version running, it is commented out, since it does nothing.

Regarding PUBNUB.

Frankly, I feel in your replies that you may not fully understand your own API. Perhaps you have not actually every analyzed the XHR calls in DevTools looking at the code under various conditions? It seems you are advsing me from theory (from reading the API docs), not practice (coding and doing the analysis of the XHR calls).

Your API polls presence interval is based on subscribe() (presence set to TRUE). That is not the same as from the pubnub listener. It does not set the presence polling interval.

Yes, the listener listens but the polling is fired every second based in the client when presence is set to TRUE in subscribe.

I have already analyzed these API calls in Chrome Dev tools and it's easy to see what is going on,

You seem to not understand that your API polls presence every second (when it is set in subscribe to TRUE) and there is no way to set that interval in your API.

This generates 100s of thousands of useless transactions because every subscriber is polling the pubnub network every second or so when the subscribe presence TRUE.

I have been over this very carefully in Chome DevTools watching how each flag effects the XHR calls.

Then, again, I could be wrong, LOL... but I have been over this very carefully in Chrome DevTools many times for hours.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Live Chat For Solaris?

Does anyone know of any online live chat discussion groups for Solaris? If so, please let me know... Thanks! Rob Sandifer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

A Quick Video Overview of PubNub Live Chat @UNIX.com (version 0.7614)

A number of people have asked me to make some videos, so I just got my first condenser microphone and so I can make some amateurish screen casts. I will try to do better in the future. A quick overview of PubNub Live Chat @unix.com The video is best is you set the Quality to HD 1080. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Live Chat (Alpha) in UserCP SF 0.7517

Interesting.... I am still working on the kinks for Live Chat here at unix.com using a publish-subscribe API from PubNub. Two days ago while working on it, a new user joined the live chat and asked about how to post a new thread in the forum. Then today, one of the members of the PubNub team... (23 Replies)
23 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
asadmin-list-lifecycle-modules(1AS)				   User Commands			       asadmin-list-lifecycle-modules(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-lifecycle-modules, list-lifecycle-modules - gets the lifecycle modules SYNOPSIS
list-lifecycle-modules --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile file- name] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] Gets the lifecycle modules. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using list-lifecycle-modules asadmin> list-lifecycle-modules --user admin --password adminadmin --host fuyako --port 7070 customSetup Where: customSetup is the lifecycle module listed. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-lifecycle-module(1AS), asadmin-delete-lifecycle-module(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-lifecycle-modules(1AS)