Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Climate change anyone?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Climate change anyone? Post 303034792 by samthewildone on Monday 6th of May 2019 08:57:36 PM
Old 05-06-2019
Personally, I do believe we humans have an affect on the environment. Think it's all talk? Just look at the animal kingdom we've cleaned house with, all the killing and gaming has caught up with us. Buffalo's where once the norm as swines. However, I do believe that we are making progress towards a cleaner; instead of "greener" future. It may not be at the speed you want but, progress is there. Yes our current President, Donald Trump and his cabinet are naive to think that we all; the world are a not having an impact on the environment. Question, why is China investing so much in alternative energy?
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to samthewildone For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

How to change ip ?

hi , Is there anyway to change ip on sco5.04 i tried using netconfig on the prompt but gives me error . how do u manually change ip cant use acoadmin and netconfig .... thx art (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: art_malabanan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change 43% to 43.5

I have a column in % and I want to display it as a one decimal place number for sorting - what function would I be looking at for dropping the % sign? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
2 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

change

bh,lg.yu.,fgh,ry,.tyl,tyk,ty,ty,ty,. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

7. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies
Xv(3X)																	    Xv(3X)

Name
       Xv - X Window System video extension

Description
       The  Xv	extension provides support for video adaptors attached to an X display.  It takes the approach that a display may have one or more
       video adaptors, each of which has one or more ports through which independent video streams pass.

An adaptor may be able to display video in a drawable, capture video from a drawable, or both.  It translates between video encoding (NTSC,
       PAL,  SECAM,  etc...) and drawable format (depth and visual-id pair). An adaptor may support multiple video encodings and/or multiple draw-
       able formats.

Clients use Xv(3X) to gain access and manage sharing of a display's video resources.  Typically, a client will use XvQueryExtension(3X)	to
       determine  the  status of the extension, XvQueryAdaptors(3X) to get a description of what video adaptors exist, and XvQueryEncodings(3X) to
       get a description of what video encodings an adaptor supports.

Once a client has determined what video resources are available, it is free to put video into a drawable or  get  video	from  a  drawable,
       according  the  capabilities  supported.   Clients  can	select	to  receive events when video activity changes in a drawable and when port
       attributes have changed.

Summary of Library Functions
       The following is a summary of Xv library functions:

XvGetPortAttribute(3X) - return current port attribute value

XvGetStill(3X) - capture a single frame of video from a drawable

XvGetVideo(3X) - capture video from a drawable

XvGrabPort(3X) - lock port for exclusive use by client

XvPortNotify(3X) - event generated when port attributes change

XvPutStill(3X) - write a single frame of video to a drawable

XvPutVideo(3X) - write video into a drawable

XvQueryAdaptors(3X) - return adaptor information for a screen

XvQueryBestSize(3X) - determine the optimum drawable region size

XvQueryEncodings(3X) - return list of encodings for an adaptor

XvQueryExtension(3X) - return version and revision of extension

XvSelectPortNotify(3X) - enable or disable XvPortNotify events

XvSelectVideoNotify(3X) - enable or disable XvVideoNotify events

XvSetPortAttribute(3X) - set an attribute for a port

XvStopVideo(3X) - stop active video

XvUngrabPort(3X) - release a grabbed port

XvVideoNotify(3X) - event generated for video processing

Each of these functions is described in its own Xv man page.

XFree86 						       Version Version 4.3.0							    Xv(3X)