Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? PubNub Live Chat Beta Testing Post 303034779 by Neo on Monday 6th of May 2019 02:30:06 AM
Old 05-06-2019
UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7594
  • Added "snap scroll bar code to top or bottom of chat window on (1) incoming message or (2) enter key for send message.

Code:
adjustScroll() {
      var scroll = document.querySelector(".vue-steam-chat__wrapper--scroll");
      if (!this.reverseorder) scroll.scrollTop = 0;
      else scroll.scrollTop = scroll.scrollHeight;
    },

Seems to work fine in Chome but not so great in Safari.

UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7596
  • Minor scrollbar snap tweaks on init.
  • Disable pubnub presence in subscribe() for testing to see if network load will decrease and all work as it should.

UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7598
  • Disabled unused service workers.
  • Disable presense in pubnub listeners (testing ways to reduce network XHR calls).

UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7599
  • Force scroll to top or bottom of browser window on reload, new message, or toogle.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Live Chat For Solaris?

Does anyone know of any online live chat discussion groups for Solaris? If so, please let me know... Thanks! Rob Sandifer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

A Quick Video Overview of PubNub Live Chat @UNIX.com (version 0.7614)

A number of people have asked me to make some videos, so I just got my first condenser microphone and so I can make some amateurish screen casts. I will try to do better in the future. A quick overview of PubNub Live Chat @unix.com The video is best is you set the Quality to HD 1080. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Live Chat (Alpha) in UserCP SF 0.7517

Interesting.... I am still working on the kinks for Live Chat here at unix.com using a publish-subscribe API from PubNub. Two days ago while working on it, a new user joined the live chat and asked about how to post a new thread in the forum. Then today, one of the members of the PubNub team... (23 Replies)
23 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)											     DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)

Name
       DwtScrollWindowSetAreas - Sets up or adds the window region, and the horizontal or vertical scroll bar widgets to the scroll window widget.

Syntax
       void DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(widget, horizontal_scroll_bar,				vertical_scroll_bar, work_region)
	    Widget widget;
	    Widget horizontal_scroll_bar;
	    Widget vertical_scroll_bar;
	    Widget work_region;

Arguments
       widget	 Specifies the scroll window widget ID.

horizontal_scroll_bar
		 Specifies  the scroll bar widget ID for the horizontal scroll bar to be associated with the scroll window widget.  You can set or
		 specify this ID only after creating an instance of the main window widget.  The attribute name associated with this  argument	is
		 DwtNhorizontalScrollBar.

vertical_scroll_bar
		 Specifies  the  scroll  bar widget ID for the vertical scroll bar to be associated with the scroll window widget.  You can set or
		 specify this ID only after creating an instance of the main window widget.  The attribute name associated with this  argument	is
		 DwtNverticalScrollBar.

work_region
		 Specifies  the  widget  ID for the window to be associated with the scroll window work area.  You can set or specify this ID only
		 after you create an instance of the main window widget.

Description
       The DwtScrollWindowSetAreas function adds or changes a window work region and a horizontal or vertical scroll bar widget to the scroll win-
       dow  widget  for  the  application.  You must call this function before the scroll window widget is realized, that is, before calling the X
       intrinsics function XtRealizeWidget.  Each widget is optional and may be passed as NULL.

See Also
       DwtScrollWindow(3Dwt), DwtWindow(3Dwt),
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit: C Language Binding
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit Intrinsics: C Language Binding

DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)