Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Concatenating two mutiline variables in a bash Post 303034754 by RudiC on Saturday 4th of May 2019 05:40:10 PM
Old 05-04-2019
Try also
Code:
awk -vV1="$VAR1" -vV2="$VAR2" 'BEGIN {n = split (V1, T1); split (V2, T2); for (i=1; i<=n; i++) printf "%s|%s\n", T1[i], T2[i]}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating Variables

FILE_DATE=$(date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M")_ FILE_PREFIX=${FILE_DATE} echo $FILE_PREFIX JS_LOG_DIR="E:\DecisionStream Jobs\Invoice Balance Fact Jobs" echo $JS_LOG_DIR --This is where the problem surfaces. The last line of this script does a rsh to an NT machine and one of the parameters is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: photh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash variables

Ummm can anybody help me with this one? Its prob quite simple. I bascially have a file name say J1x2x3x7.dat Im using the file name as a variable in a bash script. Want I want to do is extract most of the file name and make it a new variable expect with say one of the number now a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichieFondel
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating Different # of Variables

Hi, I'm quite new at unix and was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I have 2 arrays: eg. STAT=online, STAT=offline, STAT=online WWN=xxxx1, WWN=xxxx2, WWN=xxxx3 I got these information from a script using fcinfo hba-port that runs through a loop. Now, I want to store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake_won
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Concatenating variables

Hi all, I'm trying to do a very simple script, as you can see as follow: #!/bin/bash #Valorizzazione Token presenti nel file di properties var_path_weblogic="`cat weblogic.properties | grep "dir_wl" | /usr/xpg4/bin/awk '{print $3}'`" var_ip_address="`cat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating lines in bash

Hi, I'm attempting to join two lines in a file which are separated by a line break. The file contents are shown below: event_id=0 id=0_20100505210853 IFOconfig=HLV template=TaylorF2 Nlive=1000.0 Nruns=1.0 NIFO=3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Supersymmetric
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash -- concatenating values from variables

Hi This is a simple one but I got a lost in translation when doing. What I want to do, given both variables in the example below, to get one value at the time from both variables, for example: 1:a 2:b etc... I need to get this in bash scripting code: varas="1 2 3 4" varbs="a b c d"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranmanh
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while concatenating variables in shell script

Hi folks, I am facing problem when I concat variables with the string. Value for 'JDBC_CLASSES' variable looks malformed (/classes12.zip2.0KAGES) But, my expected result for 'JDBC_CLASSES' is /opt/API-R111/PACKAGES/jdbc/ORACLE9.2.0/classes12.zip Am I missing anything here? My... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhil
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating strings and run it in bash

Hi, all, I tried to write a simple shell script as follow: #!/bin/bash # What want to do in bash is following # : pcd_viewer cloud_cluster_0.pcd cloud_cluster_1.pcd cloud_cluster_2.pcd cloud_cluster_3.pcd cloud_cluster_4.pcd STR = "pcd_viewer" for i in `seq 0 4` do STR... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bedeK
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH arrays and variables of variables in C++

Sometimes it is handy to protect long scripts in C++. The following syntax works fine for simple commands: #define SHELLSCRIPT1 "\ #/bin/bash \n\ echo \"hello\" \n\ " int main () { cout <<system(SHELLSCRIPT1); return 0; } Unfortunately for there are problems for: 1d arrays:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies
textutil::split(n)				    Text and string utilities, macro processing 				textutil::split(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
textutil::split - Procedures to split texts SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require textutil::split ?0.7? ::textutil::split::splitn string ?len? ::textutil::split::splitx string ?regexp? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package textutil::split provides commands that split strings by size and arbitrary regular expressions. The complete set of procedures is described below. ::textutil::split::splitn string ?len? This command splits the given string into chunks of len characters and returns a list containing these chunks. The argument len defaults to 1 if none is specified. A negative length is not allowed and will cause the command to throw an error. Providing an empty string as input is allowed, the command will then return an empty list. If the length of the string is not an entire multiple of the chunk length, then the last chunk in the generated list will be shorter than len. ::textutil::split::splitx string ?regexp? This command splits the string and return a list. The string is split according to the regular expression regexp instead of a simple list of chars. Note that if you parentheses are added into the regexp, the parentheses part of separator will be added into the result list as additional element. If the string is empty the result is the empty list, like for split. If regexp is empty the string is split at every character, like split does. The regular expression regexp defaults to "[\t \r\n]+". BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category textutil of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
regexp(n), split(n), string(n) KEYWORDS
regular expression, split, string textutil 0.7 textutil::split(n)