Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Concatenating two mutiline variables in a bash Post 303034749 by RudiC on Saturday 4th of May 2019 02:26:27 PM
Old 05-04-2019
Try also
Code:
ARR1=( $VAR1 )
ARR2=( $VAR2 )
for IX in ${!ARR1[@]}; do echo "${ARR1[IX]}|${ARR2[IX]}"; done
20181225010|906676175
20190224010|907339851
20190224010|907453926
20190303010|907453962
20190304010|907687907
20190306010|909465451
20190319010|909587811
20190320010|909276884
20190321010|913772782

Be aware that RavinderSingh13's 2nd proposal requires a recent shell offering "process substitution".
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating Variables

FILE_DATE=$(date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M")_ FILE_PREFIX=${FILE_DATE} echo $FILE_PREFIX JS_LOG_DIR="E:\DecisionStream Jobs\Invoice Balance Fact Jobs" echo $JS_LOG_DIR --This is where the problem surfaces. The last line of this script does a rsh to an NT machine and one of the parameters is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: photh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash variables

Ummm can anybody help me with this one? Its prob quite simple. I bascially have a file name say J1x2x3x7.dat Im using the file name as a variable in a bash script. Want I want to do is extract most of the file name and make it a new variable expect with say one of the number now a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichieFondel
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating Different # of Variables

Hi, I'm quite new at unix and was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I have 2 arrays: eg. STAT=online, STAT=offline, STAT=online WWN=xxxx1, WWN=xxxx2, WWN=xxxx3 I got these information from a script using fcinfo hba-port that runs through a loop. Now, I want to store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake_won
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Concatenating variables

Hi all, I'm trying to do a very simple script, as you can see as follow: #!/bin/bash #Valorizzazione Token presenti nel file di properties var_path_weblogic="`cat weblogic.properties | grep "dir_wl" | /usr/xpg4/bin/awk '{print $3}'`" var_ip_address="`cat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating lines in bash

Hi, I'm attempting to join two lines in a file which are separated by a line break. The file contents are shown below: event_id=0 id=0_20100505210853 IFOconfig=HLV template=TaylorF2 Nlive=1000.0 Nruns=1.0 NIFO=3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Supersymmetric
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash -- concatenating values from variables

Hi This is a simple one but I got a lost in translation when doing. What I want to do, given both variables in the example below, to get one value at the time from both variables, for example: 1:a 2:b etc... I need to get this in bash scripting code: varas="1 2 3 4" varbs="a b c d"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranmanh
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while concatenating variables in shell script

Hi folks, I am facing problem when I concat variables with the string. Value for 'JDBC_CLASSES' variable looks malformed (/classes12.zip2.0KAGES) But, my expected result for 'JDBC_CLASSES' is /opt/API-R111/PACKAGES/jdbc/ORACLE9.2.0/classes12.zip Am I missing anything here? My... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhil
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating strings and run it in bash

Hi, all, I tried to write a simple shell script as follow: #!/bin/bash # What want to do in bash is following # : pcd_viewer cloud_cluster_0.pcd cloud_cluster_1.pcd cloud_cluster_2.pcd cloud_cluster_3.pcd cloud_cluster_4.pcd STR = "pcd_viewer" for i in `seq 0 4` do STR... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bedeK
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH arrays and variables of variables in C++

Sometimes it is handy to protect long scripts in C++. The following syntax works fine for simple commands: #define SHELLSCRIPT1 "\ #/bin/bash \n\ echo \"hello\" \n\ " int main () { cout <<system(SHELLSCRIPT1); return 0; } Unfortunately for there are problems for: 1d arrays:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)