Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Saturday May 4th the Forums Will Briefly Break Testing PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.0 Post 303034732 by Neo on Friday 3rd of May 2019 10:45:38 PM
Old 05-03-2019
OK.

The switch from apache module php5.6 to php 7.0 test is done for today.

Results were mixed.

Most of the problems were related to changes in PHP class constructors in the include files.

I started changing them, one at a time, but it became unmanageable, so I need a better approach.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a day eg: saturday is the Last saturday of the month!

Hi, I need to develop a script to check for the day. If the day is a Saturday then the script should check if the Saturday is the last Saturday of the month so that certain set of instruction can be executed is it is the last Saturday. I do not want to use the crontab as this needs to be part... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stress testing php files at Unix/Linux Command line

Hi, Your great help is very appreciated. I am looking for any Unix command or tool for doing Stress/Load test of php files at command prompt. I tried torture.pl but it is not working after20 concurrent threads/users. as it is very urgent for me..please suggest ur ideas asap. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malleswari
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron to get executed on 2nd and 4th saturday of every month

Hi , i need to reboot a server during 2nd and 4th saturday every month. i have come up with the below cron 30 17 8-14 * * if ; then /rebootscript; fi # to reboot every second saturday 30 17 22-28 * * if ; then /rebootscript; fi # to reboot every fourth saturday I am wondering why it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Update php 4.3 RPM to php 5.3.3 php

Dear All, My redhat version is: # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4) # # uname -a Linux cotapplication3.cot.com 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:32:02 EDT 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux # I want to update my php from: # php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monojcool
1 Replies
DIR(3)									 1								    DIR(3)

dir - Return an instance of the Directory class

SYNOPSIS
Directory dir (string $directory, [resource $context]) DESCRIPTION
A pseudo-object oriented mechanism for reading a directory. The given $directory is opened. PARAMETERS
o $directory - Directory to open o $context - Note Context support was added with PHP 5.0.0. For a description of contexts, refer to "Streams". RETURN VALUES
Returns an instance of Directory, or NULL with wrong parameters, or FALSE in case of another error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 dir(3) example Please note the fashion in which Directory.read(3)'s return value is checked in the example below. We are explicitly testing whether the return value is identical to (equal to and of the same type as - see Comparison Operators for more information) FALSE since otherwise, any directory entry whose name evaluates to FALSE will stop the loop. <?php $d = dir("/etc/php5"); echo "Handle: " . $d->handle . " "; echo "Path: " . $d->path . " "; while (false !== ($entry = $d->read())) { echo $entry." "; } $d->close(); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Handle: Resource id #2 Path: /etc/php5 apache cgi cli NOTES
Note The order in which directory entries are returned by the read method is system-dependent. PHP Documentation Group DIR(3)