Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Creating an array that stores files to be called on. Post 303034695 by RudiC on Thursday 2nd of May 2019 04:07:40 PM
Old 05-02-2019
What keeps you from trying it (mayhap with the -x (--xtrace) option set)? Commands accepting multiple arguments don't even need the for loop nor the array. Try
Code:
chmod ... $(find...)

Be aware that running a command blind folded with a resulting argument list that you don't know upfront is dangerous; applied to the wrong directories with the wrong options might render your system unuseable!
And, files with white space chars in their names might irritate / confuse the command.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a dynamic array in ksh

Hi, Is it possible to create a dynamic array in shell script. I am trying to get the list of logfiles that created that day and put it in a dynamic array. I am not sure about it. help me New to scripting Gundu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gundu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating array variable

Hi all, i am quite fimiliar with shell scripting but i wouldn't regard myself as a semi professional at it. I am trying to create an array variable to read in 4 lines from a file using head and tail command in a pipeline and store each line into each array. I have done the scripting in unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a dynamic array

i want to create an array the array elements are populated depending upon the number of entries present in a data file The data file is created dynamically how to achieve the same thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

4. Programming

Creating an array to hold posix thread ids: Only dynamic array works

I am facing a strange error while creating posix threads: Given below are two snippets of code, the first one works whereas the second one gives a garbage value in the output. Snippet 1 This works: -------------- int *threadids; threadids = (int *) malloc (num_threads * sizeof(int)); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmehta
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating variable array name

#!/bin/ksh #export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:~dialp/cso/classes:/opt/oracle/product/8.1.6/jdbc/lib/classes12.zip #export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/oracle/product/8.1.6/lib DATE="`date '+%m%d%Y'`" PATH=.:$PATH export PATH town_name='123' town_name='123' town_name='345'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priyanka3006
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with array and creating directories

I have an interesting requirement. I have declaried an array like :- arr=`find . ! -name "." | xargs -I {} echo {} | cut -c 2-${#}` Then i will try to access the array elements like :- i=0 for i in ${arr}; do Here comes the confusions, the array elements are basically dir and files stored... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating bash array name from variable

Hi gurus, I need to create arrays from variables, via a loop. The issue I have is with the array name creation. How do I use a variable to define an array? I want to do something like declare -a $H where $H is my loop variable. I then need to add items to each array I've created,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melias
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating an array

I am having trouble creating an array, I've tried everything google gives me but it won't work, and it seems as though it should. Using Ubunto 12.04 and bash. #!/bin/bash ARRAY=one two three echo ${ARRAY}When I do this I receive the error : two: not found and : Bad substitution When I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating array from file

Dear community, how can I create an array from file taking only the 4th field? out.txt file is something like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20So the final array should be: 4 8 12 16 20With this command I created an array with all the fields, but I need only the 4th... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
13 Replies
h5diff(1)						      General Commands Manual							 h5diff(1)

NAME
h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences. SYNOPSIS
h5diff file1 file2 [OPTIONS] [object1 [object2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
h5diff is a command line tool that compares two HDF5 files, file1 and file2, and reports the differences between them. Optionally, h5diff will compare two objects within these files. If only one object, object1, is specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object1 in file2. In two objects, object1 and object2, are specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object2 in file2. These objects must be HDF5 datasets. object1 and object2 must be expressed as absolute paths from the respective file's root group. Additional information, with several sample cases, can be found in the document H5diff Examples. OPTIONS
file1 file2 The HDF5 files to be compared. -h Print all differences. -r Print only the names of objects that differ; do not print the differences. These objects may be HDF5 datasets, groups, or named datatypes. -n count Print difference up to count differences, then stop. count must be a positive integer. -d delta Print only differences that are greater than the limit delta. delta must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference of two corresponding values is greater than delta (e.g., |a-b| > delta, where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). -p relative Print only differences that are greater than a relative error. relative must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference 1 and the ratio of two corresponding values is greater than relative (e.g., |1-(b/a)| > relative where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). object1 object2 Specific object(s) within the files to be compared. EXAMPLES
The following h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the object /a/c in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b /a/c This h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the same object in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b And this h5diff call compares all objects in both files: h5diff file1 file2 SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5repart(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1) h5diff(1)