Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Saturday May 4th the Forums Will Briefly Break Testing PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.0 Post 303034693 by nixguy101 on Thursday 2nd of May 2019 03:05:35 PM
Old 05-02-2019
May the fourth be with you Smilie
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to nixguy101 For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a day eg: saturday is the Last saturday of the month!

Hi, I need to develop a script to check for the day. If the day is a Saturday then the script should check if the Saturday is the last Saturday of the month so that certain set of instruction can be executed is it is the last Saturday. I do not want to use the crontab as this needs to be part... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stress testing php files at Unix/Linux Command line

Hi, Your great help is very appreciated. I am looking for any Unix command or tool for doing Stress/Load test of php files at command prompt. I tried torture.pl but it is not working after20 concurrent threads/users. as it is very urgent for me..please suggest ur ideas asap. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malleswari
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron to get executed on 2nd and 4th saturday of every month

Hi , i need to reboot a server during 2nd and 4th saturday every month. i have come up with the below cron 30 17 8-14 * * if ; then /rebootscript; fi # to reboot every second saturday 30 17 22-28 * * if ; then /rebootscript; fi # to reboot every fourth saturday I am wondering why it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Update php 4.3 RPM to php 5.3.3 php

Dear All, My redhat version is: # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4) # # uname -a Linux cotapplication3.cot.com 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:32:02 EDT 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux # I want to update my php from: # php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monojcool
1 Replies
PHP_CHECK_SYNTAX(3)							 1						       PHP_CHECK_SYNTAX(3)

php_check_syntax - Check the PHP syntax of (and execute) the specified file

SYNOPSIS
bool php_check_syntax (string $filename, [string &$error_message]) DESCRIPTION
Performs a syntax (lint) check on the specified $filename testing for scripting errors. This is similar to using php -l from the commandline except that this function will execute (but not output) the checked $filename. For example, if a function is defined in $filename, this defined function will be available to the file that executed php_check_syntax(3), but output from $filename will be suppressed. Note For technical reasons, this function is deprecated and removed from PHP. Instead, use php -l somefile.php from the commandline. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The name of the file being checked. o $error_message - If the $error_message parameter is used, it will contain the error message generated by the syntax check. $error_message is passed by reference. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the lint check passed, and FALSE if the link check failed or if $filename cannot be opened. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.0.5 | | | | | | | This function was removed from PHP. | | | | | 5.0.3 | | | | | | | Calling exit(3) after php_check_syntax(3) | | | resulted in a Segfault. | | | | | 5.0.1 | | | | | | | $error_message is passed by reference. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
php -l somefile.php The above example will output something similar to: PHP Parse error: unexpected T_STRING in /tmp/somefile.php on line 81 SEE ALSO
include(3), is_readable(3). PHP Documentation Group PHP_CHECK_SYNTAX(3)