Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Resize partition volume
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Resize partition volume Post 303034692 by baris35 on Thursday 2nd of May 2019 01:34:03 PM
Old 05-02-2019
Thank you Peasant,
Removed unneccessary files and it's around 5% now but that'd not the case.
I will do some tests on a vps as you guided. I'll be back :/

Kind regards
Boris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resize FREEBSD 5.4 partition

Experts, I am trying to repartition my FreeBSD partition to accomodate 1GB of DOS partition so that I can have the samba share support. I wanted to know the procedure to resize an exsiting FreeBSD partition. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmynath
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to resize mirror volume in veritas volume manager 3.5 on Solaris 9 OE

Hi all, I have a problem with vxvm volume which is mirror with two disks. when i am try to increase file system, it is throwing an ERROR: can not allocate 5083938 blocks, ERROR: can not able to run vxassist on this volume. Please find a sutable solutions. Thanks and Regards B. Nageswar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageswarb
0 Replies

3. SCO

SCO 5.0.6 how to partition resize in HTFS?

I have a 17GB SCSI disk in an SCO 5.0.6 server and it's running out of space because of a growing database on the disk. Consequently I would like to upgrade the 17GB to a 74GB disk and extend the partition. First off, is partition extension available under HTFS - I know this is an old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carribey
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Veritas volume manager resize

Hiii, Can any one sugge me best practices for resizing a veritas voulume with vxfs file system? I tried doing this vxassist -g stg shrinkto stgvol 209715200 VxVM vxassist ERROR V-5-1-7236 Shrinking a FSGEN or RAID5 usage type volume can result in loss of data. It is recommended... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anwesh
1 Replies

5. SCO

Partition Resize / Creation

Hello, I'm new to SCO and I require some help... I have an OLD HD which is about to die and I want to replace it with a new HD. When I clone the HD with either Acronis or Ghost it wont allow me to resize the UNIX partition and I'm stuck with 80% of the new drive as unused space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dochost
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to RESIZE / root partition in RHEL5 (VM)?

Hi Team, Require your expertise on how to resize / partition. This is VM. Thank you. Reggy # df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 15G 13G 556M 96% / /dev/sda1 965M 43M 873M 5% /boot tmpfs 502M 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

8. HP-UX

Resize volume

Dear All, We have HP Unix 11.31. We have two VG, VG01 and VG02. In VG01 there are three mount point each of 100gb size. There is no data on below mount point /soft/01 /soft/02 /soft/03Is it possible to resize each of these mount point to 50 GB. So 150 GB will free and release from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhattnirav
2 Replies

9. SCO

Resize root partition

I have SCO Openserver 5.0.5 Root partition is 96% full and I would like to make it bigger. How can this be done? 1) Can I use 'dd' to backup 'root' and then backup '/u' to a third hard disk, then divvy the primary hard disk to have a larger 'root' filesystem (i.e. previous root + u) 2) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grips03
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Resize Linux partition

Hello., Could any one please share the informaiton about this or please point me the reference : Assume, we have the following partition after linux machine is setup, it will mention like this : bash$ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/xvda2 10G... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alnhk
3 Replies
VOLDUMP(8)						       AFS Command Reference							VOLDUMP(8)

NAME
voldump - Dump an AFS volume without using the Volume Server SYNOPSIS
voldump -part <partition> -volumeid <volume id> [-file <dump file>] [-verbose] [-help] voldump -p <partition> -vo <volume id> [-f <dump file>] [-ve] [-h] DESCRIPTION
voldump dumps an AFS volume in the format used by vos dump without using the Volume Server. It must be run on the file server machine and usually must be run as the superuser "root" to have permissions to read the file server data. It's primary use is to recover data from a file server machine where the Volume Server cannot be started for some reason. The dump output will go to standard output, or to a file if -file is specified. vos restore can be used to load the resulting dump into a new AFS volume. voldump always does a full dump. CAUTIONS
Normally, use vos dump instead of this command. voldump is a tool of last resort to try to extract data from the raw data structures stored on the file server machine and is not as regularly tested or used as the normal vos dump implementation. If the AFS volume being dumped changes while voldump is running, the results may be inconsistent. If the File Server and Volume Server are running, stop them with bos shutdown or a similar method before running this command. OPTIONS
-part <partition> Names the partition on which the volume to be dumped is located. voldump does not take the normal full range of ways of specifying a partition. Instead, partition must be either a single letter between "a" and "z", corresponding to /vicepa through /vicepz, or the full path to the file server partition. "aa" is not recognized; use /vicepaa instead. -volumeid <volume id> Specifies the ID of the volume to dump. The volume must be specified by numeric ID, not by name. -file <dump file> Specifies the output file for the dump. If this option is not given, the volume will be dumped to standard output. -verbose Asks for a verbose trace of the dump process. This trace information will be sent to standard error. EXAMPLES
The following command dumps the volume 1936964939 on the /vicepb partition to the file /tmp/volume.dump: % voldump -part /vicepb -volumeid 1936964939 -file /tmp/volume.dump PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have read access to the file server data stored in the specified partition. Usually, this means that the issuer must be the local superuser "root" on the file server machine. SEE ALSO
bos_shutdown(8), restorevol(1), volserver(8), vos_dump(1), vos_restore(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. This man page was written by Russ Allbery for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 VOLDUMP(8)