Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers FTP file with a different port Post 303034639 by eskay on Wednesday 1st of May 2019 11:30:58 AM
Old 05-01-2019
Executed: ls -l /etc/services
Reply=0
Output from command ====>
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 646199 Feb 6 13:33 /etc/services

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp port error

We are getting the following error while in the middle of an ftp with a remote server transfer.07-25-02-124529:425 Can't build data connection: Operation already in progress. This can happen in the middle of a successful connection... we might transfer several files successfully before and /... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Port Number

On HP-UX 11 how do I get the port number of an active ftp connection? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

ftp port listener

Hi, Anyone have any pointers on how I would go about creating some sort of listener (preferably, but not exclusively in Java) that would monitor an ftp port and react to arrival of a new file? Thanks in advance. Selma (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selma
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any freeware ftp tool for telnet ( port 23 ) ?

Hi, I am connecting my remote unix servers using putty ( port 23, telent ). Right now I am doing ftp operation using command prompt. I would like to know the freeware ftp tool for telent ( port 23 ) which would give the interactive mode for ftpe operation. I know ther ftp tool like winScp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
4 Replies

5. SCO

Change FTP port UnixWare

Hi there, I have a client who wants to FTP to his server (UW7.1.4). He don't wants to use the standard 21 port but a differtent port like 8210. I added an extra ftp1line in the /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf as same as the original ftp line. Restarted TCP/IP but when I connect with an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.vvugt
0 Replies

6. Linux

resticting user to login using putty on port 21(ftp)

Hi, I am having small query and wheather it is possible ? that user can transfer the files using ftp client examples (filezilla) , but he can not use putty to login using ftp and run the commands, Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

FTP to other port than 21

Hi all, Simple question. What is the command to ftp to other port, says 55555 Astelnet we can use: telnet IPaddress portNumber right? What about ftp? Thanks a lot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonSurya
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Enable ftp port

Hi Experts, Need your help in enabling the ftp port in HP-UX box. Is there any command/config file that needs to be changed? Also is it possible to open it only for few selected IPs only? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
9 Replies

9. IP Networking

Ftp over SSH port forwarding

Hi, I'm trying to connect ftp over ssh port forwarding to a sever(UnixC) behind FireWall(F/W). here's my env and question. UnixA(SSH Client) ----F/W ---- UnixB(SSH Svr) ---- UnixC (FTP, 21) UnixA wants to connect ftp service of UnixC via SSH port forwarding on UnixB. Unix A,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanyunq
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying port for ftp when using .netrc

Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to specify a particular port for an FTP address within a .netrc file ? i have a script which opens the ftp to a machine and then instigates .netrc to login etc.. within .netrc i need it to go to a particular port to enable me to automate the dropping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forefather1977
2 Replies
IO::All::FTP(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 IO::All::FTP(3pm)

NAME
IO::All::FTP - Extends IO::All to FTP URLs SYNOPSIS
use IO::All; "hello world " > io('ftp://localhost/test/x'); # save to FTP io('ftp//example.org/pub/xyz') > io('xyz'); # GET to file # two ways of getting a file with a password: $content < io('ftp://me:secret@example.org/xyz'); $content < io('ftp://example.org/xyz')->user('me')->password('secret'); DESCRIPTION
This module extends IO::All for dealing with FTP URLs. Note that you don't need to use it explicitly, as it is autoloaded by IO::All whenever it sees something that looks like an FTP URL. METHODS
This is a subclass of IO::All::LWP. The only new method is "ftp", which can be used to create a blank IO::All::FTP object; or it can also take an FTP URL as a parameter. Note that in most cases it is simpler just to call io('ftp//example.com'), which calls the "ftp" method automatically. OPERATOR OVERLOADING
The same operators from IO::All may be used. < GETs an FTP URL; > PUTs to an FTP URL. SEE ALSO
IO::All::LWP, IO::All, LWP. AUTHORS
Ivan Tubert-Brohman <itub@cpan.org> and Brian Ingerson <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007. Ivan Tubert-Brohman and Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.10.0 2007-03-29 IO::All::FTP(3pm)