Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help finding a video faster
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help finding a video faster Post 303034623 by RudiC on Wednesday 1st of May 2019 06:10:40 AM
Old 05-01-2019
@nezabudka: nice idea, but non-linux systems might not have the locate service. And, doesn't find need (at least) one starting directory, and a single string per -name test?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

needed help in finding a suitable video player!

Hi all, I had been using kde 3.5.8 for a while on solaris but the problem was that i was not able to use Gnome for some strange reasons... It constantly used to misbehave. (Whether it was cde-login or gdm) So i had to remove kde completely and now am left with no video or audio players . So i... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
11 Replies

2. Linux

USB video capture? composite, s-video, etc

does anybody have any experience with any of these composite video to usb devices on linux? usb video capture - Google Product Search would like to get one but a linux newbie and having trouble figuring out if any are ported... i've found lots of things that link to freedesktop.org DisplayLink... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect

I need a broad spectrum understanding on this subject, and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all, as I understand it... The way the video hardware works is the CPU sends information about input and possible changes to the display, the video card receives these changes, makes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciNG
2 Replies
MKFS.BFS(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					       MKFS.BFS(8)

NAME
mkfs.bfs - make an SCO bfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.bfs [-N nr-of-inodes] [-V volume-name] [-F fsname] device [size-in-blocks] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.bfs creates an SCO bfs file-system on a block device (usually a disk partition or a file accessed via the loop device). The size-in-blocks parameter is the desired size of the file system, in blocks. If nothing is specified, the entire partition will be used. OPTIONS
-N Specify the desired number of inodes (at most 512). If nothing is specified some default number in the range 48-512 is picked depending on the size of the partition. -V volume-label Specify the volume label. I have no idea if/where this is used. -F fsname Specify the fsname. I have no idea if/where this is used. -v Be verbose. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.bfs is 0 when all went well, and 1 when something went wrong. SEE ALSO
mkfs(8). AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.bfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Util-linux 2.9x 12 Sept 1999 MKFS.BFS(8)