Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to set up a GNOME zenity? Post 303034611 by Defunct_Lizard on Tuesday 30th of April 2019 08:06:24 PM
Old 04-30-2019
How to set up a GNOME zenity?

I'm creating a script that goes something like this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

zenity --list --checklist --title="Choose Packages to Install" --width="1000" --height="400" \
--column="Select" --column="Package Name" --column="Description" \
GIMP=( " " GIMP "Known as GIMP, GNU Image Manipulation Program is a free and open source photo editor." \ )
if [ $GIMP = "GIMP" ]
then 
	sudo apt-get install $GIMP
fi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zenity

Hi! does someone know how can I setup a zenity entry "box" such that comes with the data as default. like it appears an entry box already with the data but it can be modify. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zenity Menu

I have some troubles with zenity and menu. I seach for: MAIN MENU CHOICE 1 "do something" CHOICE 2 "do something 2" CHOICE 3 "do something 3" But then in "do someghing " when i click i want to return to the MAIN MENU So something like: while true; do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspire
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zenity and IF/ELSE cond'.

Hey guys i wrote this code but it wont give me anything. any ideas? ans=$(zenity --list --text "Do you want to set USER/GROUP quota?" --radiolist --column "Choice" --column "Desc" TRUE Hi FALSE Bye); echo $ans if ; then ./example.sh else exit fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplate07
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file zenity

Hello, I have a script with zenity file, but I want to know the file name and path, but this way I just take the name of the file. fl1=`zenity --file-selection --title="Seleccionar fichero"` basename $fl1 .txt > temp nom=`cat temp` Thank you very much (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uri_crack
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using an array with zenity

I got an array: for i in $(fdisk -l | awk '/Disk\ \/dev\/d/ { print $2 }') ; do drive_list="$i" # echo "$i" ((index++)) done #>/dev/nullI got this zenity code: grub_dev=$(zenity --list --title="Hard Drives" --text="Choose exactly one drive to use for the GRUB bootloader.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tornow
2 Replies

6. Linux

Zenity function

i wanted to put this code on a list zenity but it never worsk, how would i be able to do that? cd /home/mint ls -d */ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roozis
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zenity help

I have a large system housekeeping script, that I want to use with zenity. One of the processes will be to conduct a virus scan, which I can easily do with something like: clamscan -rv / | zenity --text-info --width 640 --height 640 The problem is that it needs user intervention by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zenity, While, and Conditions

All, I'm having fighting a losing battle with what I though would be simple. My goal is this: Show a zenity progress or info dialog until the system obtains an ip address, then close the dialog and continue through the rest of the script. Right now I've got the following: ip=`ifconfig |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timbrammer91091
2 Replies
GIMP-PRINT(1)							 GIMP Manual Pages						     GIMP-PRINT(1)

NAME
gimpprint-config - script to get information about the installed version of gimpprint SYNOPSIS
gimpprint-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--version] [--libs] [--cflags] DESCRIPTION
gimpprint-config is a tool that is used to determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use GIMP-PRINT. It is also used internally to the .m4 macros for GNU autoconf that are included with GIMP-PRINT. OPTIONS
gimpprint-config accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of GIMP-PRINT on the standard output. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a GIMP-PRINT program. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a GIMP-PRINT program. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that GIMP-PRINT was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that GIMP-PRINT was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Roger Leigh This manual page is based on the gtk-config(1) manual page by Owen Taylor. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), gtk-config(1), Version 4.2.4 25 Nov 2002 GIMP-PRINT(1)