Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? PubNub Live Chat Beta Testing Post 303034571 by Neo on Tuesday 30th of April 2019 01:27:53 AM
Old 04-30-2019
UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7573
  • Reversed the order of the message list in the Live Chat UI. Now the newest message is at the bottom instead of the top.

There was or is a Safari bug (and may still be) where the scroll bar does not follow the updated messages exactly. When I test on Chome (and FF), it is fine, but on Safari, there is a small scroll bar error. That is the reason I reversed it before (and put the most recent messages on the bottom). I will add a switch so the user can choose the order of the list in the UI in a soon release.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Live Chat For Solaris?

Does anyone know of any online live chat discussion groups for Solaris? If so, please let me know... Thanks! Rob Sandifer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

A Quick Video Overview of PubNub Live Chat @UNIX.com (version 0.7614)

A number of people have asked me to make some videos, so I just got my first condenser microphone and so I can make some amateurish screen casts. I will try to do better in the future. A quick overview of PubNub Live Chat @unix.com The video is best is you set the Quality to HD 1080. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Live Chat (Alpha) in UserCP SF 0.7517

Interesting.... I am still working on the kinks for Live Chat here at unix.com using a publish-subscribe API from PubNub. Two days ago while working on it, a new user joined the live chat and asked about how to post a new thread in the forum. Then today, one of the members of the PubNub team... (23 Replies)
23 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
NAME(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   NAME(1)

NAME
ticker - scroll messages across the screen SYNOPSIS
ticker [options] [message] DESCRIPTION
ticker is a program that continually scrolls a given message across the screen. There is also an interface to allow other programs to change the message. KEYS
+, [up arrow] Increase scroll speed. -, [down arrw] Decrease scroll speed. [space] Pause. Press any key to unpause. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -u, --upper Scroll text on the top line of the screen. (Default) -l, --lower Scroll text on the bottom line of the screen. -fcolor, --foreground=color Use the specified color as the forground color of the text that is scrolled. The colors that may be used are: black gray red brightred green brightgreen brown yellow blue brightblue magenta brightmagenta cyan brightcyan lightgray white -bcolor, --background=color Use the specified color as the background color of the text that is scrolled. On most terminals, the background color can only be one of the colors listed in the first column above. -dsecs, --delay=secs Number of seconds delay between updates of the display. This controls how fast the text scrolls. You may use decimals to specify faster scroll speeds. The default delay is 1 second; I find 0.1 more pleasing. -snum, --sysv=num Read messages to display from the sysv shared memory segment with an id of num. This is only for use by other programs that need to be able to change the text ticker displays. -Snum, --size=num Size of the shared memory segment to read, when using shared memory communication with another program. Default is 80 characters. -csecs, --check=secs Minimum time between checks of the shared memory segment for a new message. Default is every second. It may in fact check consider- ably less often, as it only checks for a new message once per time that the current message scrolls around the screen. message The message to scroll. Required unless -s is used, in which case it is optional. NOTES
To use the other 23 or so lines of your screen for something useful while the ticker is running, you might want to use splitvt(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> NAME(1)