Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Find heartbeat ip address with cllsif command Post 303034564 by Corona688 on Monday 29th of April 2019 03:25:40 PM
Old 04-29-2019
Your OS is 6.1 what? UNIX is a standard, not an operating system these days.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Mac address - what is line command to find and active new card

How do you find mac address and active new card. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmetz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find i.p address of our server

I don't have root access. How do I find i.p address of our sun server? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpotluri
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find LAN Address

Hi, I am wondering how I can find the network address under following situation. Things available: 1. An active network drop without knowing any details about the network. 2. I have windows, Linux, and Solaris machine available to use. Things to achieve: 1. Find out the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiashi2
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

how to find the IP address of a printer

I'm trying to find the IP address of a print queue. I tried this, but nada. cat /etc/hosts | lp -d lp01 Looked in the hosts file but it's not there (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Help Required: Command to find IP address and command executed of a user

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would figure out who has run which command and their IP. As i dont have any clue as to which commands would do this job, i request some gurus to help me on this. Thanks Vishwas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: loggedout
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a unix command to find ALL hostnames for an ip address?

I am trying to determine if there are several url/host names for an IP address. Is there a UNIX command to find ALL host names for an IP address? Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rukasu
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Find another IP address

Hi Guys, I want to find another(Local host) machine IP address from my machine.. We are all connected in the same server, I mean same LAN. What i done is Connected with that user machine using SSH and SU.. After that i used IFCONFIG but it shows my Ip address. Can not able to get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding e-mail address using "find" command

any useful command to find and e-mail address hardcoded into a cfg file on an specific server? I already tried with:: find . -type f | xargs grep -l "nobody@foundstone.com" Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JLo5621
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find available IP address

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will check all used IP on the server and then print me an addressees that are not in use. Problem is in comparing two variables #!/bin/bash NETSTAT=$(netstat -ntp | awk '{ print $4 }' | grep -v "127.0.0.1" | cut -d ":" -f1 | grep "^"|sort | uniq )... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemesis911
6 Replies
SENDINPATHS(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						    SENDINPATHS(8)

NAME
sendinpaths - Send Usenet Path: statistics via e-mail SYNOPSIS
sendinpaths [-cdhn] [-k keep-days] [-r report-days] [address [address ...]] DESCRIPTION
sendinpaths checks pathlog/path for ninpaths dump files, finds dump files generated in the past report-days days, makes sure they are valid by running ninpaths on each one and making sure the exit status is zero, and passes them to ninpaths to generate a cumulative report. By default, that report is mailed to the e-mail addresses configured at the beginning of this script (by default, only one address is configured: <top1000@anthologeek.net>) in order to supply the TOP1000 project with useful statistics. See <http://top1000.anthologeek.net/> for more information. When finished, sendinpaths deletes all dump files in pathlog/path that are older than keep-days days. For more information on how to set up ninpaths, see ninpaths(8). OPTIONS
-c When this flag is used, the report is also e-mailed, besides the default submission addresses or those given as command-line arguments, to the newsmaster's address set at configure time. -d Enables debug messages. -h Gives usage information. -k keep-days After having processed dump files, sendinpaths removes those that are older than keep-days days. The default is 0, that is to say to remove all dump files. Setting keep-days to another value can be useful for debugging purpose because it permits to keep a few dump files. -n Don't e-mail the report; instead, just print it to standard output. Don't delete old dump files. -r report-days Process dump files generated during the last report-days days. The default is 32, that is to say to process all the dump files that have been generated during the last 32 days (if, of course, they have not been deleted yet by a previous run of sendinpaths according to the value set by the -k flag). address ... E-mail the report to the mentioned address or addresses, instead of the default one. Several addresses can be used, separated by whitespace. For instance, for two adresses: sendinpaths pathsurvey@top1000.org top1000@anthologeek.net HISTORY
sendinpaths was written by Olaf Titz <olaf@bigred.inka.de>. $Id: sendinpaths.pod 9384 2011-12-25 20:57:03Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
ninpaths(8). INN 2.5.3 2012-06-15 SENDINPATHS(8)