Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Start process on X number of files and then wait for the next batch Post 303034555 by Corona688 on Monday 29th of April 2019 11:34:42 AM
Old 04-29-2019
Use the wait command to wait for all background processes to complete.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process Wait on DG UX

Does anyone know what the equivalent command to pwait on Solaris is on DG/UX. I need my script to kick off a process and wait till it is complete before continuing with the script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabbas
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append value(batch number) to start of records

Hi all, I am new to unix shell scripting and I am trying to append batch number that comes in Trailer record to the detailed record. TR|20080312|22881 |000000005|20080319|2202 LN|20080312|077777722220 |0000100000017|ABS LN|20080312|000799439326 |0000709943937|AA TR|20080313|22897 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_418
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wait command - cat it wait for not-chile process?

Did not use 'wait' yet. How I understand by now the wait works only for child processes, started background. Is there any other way to watch completion of any, not related process (at least, a process, owned by the same user?) I need to start a background process, witch will be waiting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wait process

can any one please give me clear idea of wait process in UNIX system. I am using AIX 5.3 and see loots of wait process. I have very basic concept of wait process. If CPU has nothing to do then a wait process is generated per CPU. But i want know the detail how is it forked. Is wait a jombe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba1
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh Script to get the start minute of n number of process

How can i write a script.? which lists all X process and gets the start minute of each of them. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anteus
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Number of files - in start of year

Is there any way to find "Number of files" that exists on my solaris parition in the starting of 2009 year ? I know ctime or mtime will not help and unix wouldnt store creation time. Only hope i can see ( and i am not sure if that will help ) is that my system is up from last 2 years without... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make the parent process to wait for the child process

Hi All, I have two ksh script. 1st script calls the 2nd script and the second script calls an 'C' program. I want 1st script to wait until the 'C' program completes. I cant able to get the process id for the 'C' program (child process) to make the 1st script to wait for the second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sennidurai
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Make to batch process files

Hello all, I have a make question, and I was hoping somebody here might be able to point me in the right direction. Here is my issue; I have a command-line tool that I use to run a conversion on an input XML file that results in an output binary file. However, this particular tool needs to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jujumbura
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to start a vbs from a windows batch file?

Morning, I'm trying to execute a vbs from a .bat file. Can someone tell me what the difference is between these statements: start c:\lib\runit.vbc c:\lib\runit.vbs When I run the batch with the 'start' parameter it doesn't seem to do anything. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies
man(1)							     Code::Blocks IDE man page							    man(1)

NAME
Code::Blocks - The open-source, cross-platform IDE SYNOPSIS
codeblocks [-h] [-ns] [-d] [--prefix <str>] [-p <str>] [--profile <str>] [--rebuild] [--build] [--target <str>] [--no-batch-window-close] [--batch-build-notify] [filename(s)...] DESCRIPTION
codeblocks launches the Code::Blocks IDE. Its various command-line arguments are listed below. OPTIONS
-h, --help Displays the list of accepted command-line arguments. -ns Do not display a splash screen on startup. The splash screen can be completely disabled in the program's environment options. -d Enable the debugging log. --prefix Specify an alternate path for Code::Blocks to find its shared files. -p, --profile Set which profile to use. If you set the profile to ask , Code::Blocks will display a list with all the known profiles to choose from. --rebuild Start a batch rebuild (i.e. "clean" and "build") job on the filenames passed as arguments. The filenames can be either projects or workspaces. --build Start a batch build (i.e. no "clean") job on the filenames passed as arguments. The filenames can be either projects or workspaces. --target Specify a single build target to build in the batch build (or rebuild) job. --no-batch-window-close When the batch job ends, the log window closes too. This option keeps it open until you manually close it. --batch-build-notify Display a message when the batch job finishes. EXAMPLES
Batch build myproject.cpp, only the "Debug" target and keep the batch job window open when finished: codeblocks --build --target="Debug" --no-batch-window-close myproject.cbp Batch rebuild everything in myproject.cpp: codeblocks --rebuild myproject.cbp AUTHOR
Yiannis "mandrav" Mandravellos (mandrav@codeblocks.org) HISTORY
2006 - Initial version 1.0 10 July 2006 man(1)