Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) 12-Core MacPro (2013) kernel_task over 1200% Post 303034544 by Neo on Sunday 28th of April 2019 11:56:07 PM
Old 04-29-2019
Apple called me a few days ago and told me this MacPro is running normal again with a new logic board.

Since the Apple Care store is in the same mall as the cinema, will pick it up when we go see Avengers End Game today or tomorrow.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I use a general printer(HP LaserJet 1200) on solaris?

can it be used? how to config it? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
4 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

kernel_task help

I installed 10.5 (Leopard) on my G4 733 Mhz (after minor tampering with the install package, just switched a boolean FALSE to TRUE). Everything works fine after startup, but once I sleep the computer and wake it back up, kernel_task starts using at as much CPU runtime as it can, as in past 90%.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.story
0 Replies

3. Solaris

T5140 CPU Speed is 1200 Mhz or 1165 Mhz?

Hi bros, CPU speed of Sun Sparc Enterprise T5140 in data sheet is 1200 Mhz. Why it shows in "prtdiag -v" command each thread just has speed at 1165 Mhz. Thank you, tien86 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
4 Replies

4. Hardware

2013 Apple Mac Pro 2.7GHz 12 Core/64GB/256GB Flash/Dual AMD FirePro D700 6GB 6,1

Hey MacPro users. I just bought a refurbished 13-Core MacPro with 64GB of RAM for a cybersecurity gaming project I'm working on. Could not wait for the new MacPro in 2019, so this will have to do: 2013 Apple Mac Pro 2.7GHz 12 Core/64GB/256GB Flash/Dual AMD FirePro D700 6GB 6,1 Now, I'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

DiskSpeedTest 256GB OEM v. 960GB Transcend 855 SSD MacPro 2013, 12-Core, 64GB RAM

Before Upgrade: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums177-picture1220.png After Upgrade: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums177-picture1221.png (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Warning! Upgrade to Catalina 10.15.3 Crashes MacPro (2013) - Will Not Boot !

WARNING! Just upgraded my MacPro (2013) from Catalina 10.15.2 to 10.15.3. After the routine download and restart for upgrade installation, the Mac would not boot. Totally crashed. Now, I'm in the process of a 15 hour restore from my last time machine backup. I'm not very happy with... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
CPMAC(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CPMAC(1)

NAME
/usr/bin/CpMac -- copy files preserving metadata and forks SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/CpMac [-rp] [-mac] source target /usr/bin/CpMac [-rp] [-mac] source ... directory DESCRIPTION
In its first form, the /usr/bin/CpMac utility copies the contents of the file named by the source operand to the destination path named by the target operand. This form is assumed when the last operand does not name an already existing directory. In its second form, /usr/bin/CpMac copies each file named by a source operand to a destination directory named by the directory operand. The destination path for each operand is the pathname produced by the concatenation of the last operand, a slash, and the final pathname compo- nent of the named file. The following options are available: -r If source designates a directory, /usr/bin/CpMac copies the directory and the entire subtree connected at that point. This option also causes symbolic links to be copied, rather than indirected through, and for /usr/bin/CpMac to create special files rather than copying them as normal files. Created directories have the same mode as the corresponding source directory, unmodified by the process' umask. -p Causes /usr/bin/CpMac to preserve in the copy as many of the modification time, access time, file flags, file mode, user ID, and group ID as allowed by permissions. -mac Allows use of HFS-style paths for both source and target. Path elements must be separated by colons, and the path must begin with a volume name or a colon (to designate current directory). NOTES
The /usr/bin/CpMac command does not support the same options as the POSIX cp command, and is much less flexible in its operands. It cannot be used as a direct substitute for cp in scripts. As of Mac OS X 10.4, the cp command preserves metadata and resource forks of files on Extended HFS volumes, so it can be used in place of CpMac. The /usr/bin/CpMac command will be deprecated in future versions of Mac OS X. SEE ALSO
cp(1) MvMac(1) Mac OS X April 12, 2004 Mac OS X