Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Web development learning thread(Javascript, HTML, CSS, angular, vue.js). Post 303034543 by Neo on Sunday 28th of April 2019 11:32:06 PM
Old 04-29-2019
Hey Ravinder,

Here is a more "2019'ish tutorial" Javascript / HTML tutorial which is easy to follow and is more in line with how developers do things in 2019:

Quick Autocomplete App With JS & JSON

Quote:
In this project we will build a simple web app that searches a JSON file using the Fetch API, Async/Await, Regex and high order array methods.
I recommended you code this tutorial using the same tools and technique as Brad.

Cheers.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Help with passing HTML values in to JavaScript

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes. I am creating a cheat sheet for co-workers. The concept is that you pick wire size and conduit size and the amount of wires that will fit is displayed. I haven't used alot of drop downs and can't quite figure out the way the get id... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zero3ree
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Javascript or HTML to retrieve apache username

I have a internal wesbite set up and any visitor must enter username / passwd as defined in apache (I've set these up using htpasswd) I use cgi scripts set up using ksh or javascript to populate pages / tables etc. I want to be able to get the apache username that the used authorised... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

3. Web Development

Learning HTML

I have tried to create a web page browser window. An example, I copied what the book pretty much wanted but get only the header. What should I change? Also Anyone know any good books for this? Many thanks. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Translation/EN" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
4 Replies

4. Programming

Looking For the Best Way to Rotate an Image: JavaScript, PHP, HTML etc

Hey All, What I'm looking for is a way to rotate an image by non 90 degree angles (ie 90, 180, 270, 360). I am able to do it in PHP, but there are errors in the image, some pixels end up colored incorrectly and the image ends up resized and I lose transparency. I've done my share of searching on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmd006
1 Replies

5. Web Development

HTML down, CSS help, ahhhh

I am having some problems. I have been able to learn HTML, but when I try and encode CSS, nothing happens, what is the major issue here. <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"> <html> <head> <title>MY CSS</title> <style... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
7 Replies

6. Web Development

Simple Vue.js Component to Redirect to External Web Page Using Vue Router

Vue Router has some quirks and on of the quirks is that it is not reliable when adding external links using the vue-router library. After struggling with many solutions, I have found that creating a simple Vue.js component like this one seems to work the best (so far): Component Example: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. Web Development

Google Trends: react.js angular.js vue.js

While I'm on the subject of Google trends, here is a global trend since 2004 comparing react.js, angular.js, vue.js It's no secret I'm a vue.js fan and coder, but not because of the trend line (which I just saw for the first time a few minutes ago) My experience is that vue.js, a late arrival... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Plack::App::URLMap(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Plack::App::URLMap(3pm)

NAME
Plack::App::URLMap - Map multiple apps in different paths SYNOPSIS
use Plack::App::URLMap; my $app1 = sub { ... }; my $app2 = sub { ... }; my $app3 = sub { ... }; my $urlmap = Plack::App::URLMap->new; $urlmap->map("/" => $app1); $urlmap->map("/foo" => $app2); $urlmap->map("http://bar.example.com/" => $app3); my $app = $urlmap->to_app; DESCRIPTION
Plack::App::URLMap is a PSGI application that can dispatch multiple applications based on URL path and hostnames (a.k.a "virtual hosting") and takes care of rewriting "SCRIPT_NAME" and "PATH_INFO" (See "HOW THIS WORKS" for details). This module is inspired by Rack::URLMap. METHODS
map $urlmap->map("/foo" => $app); $urlmap->map("http://bar.example.com/" => $another_app); Maps URL path or an absolute URL to a PSGI application. The match order is sorted by host name length and then path length. URL paths need to match from the beginning and should match completely till the path separator (or the end of the path). For example, if you register the path "/foo", it will match with the request "/foo", "/foo/" or "/foo/bar" but it won't match with "/foox". Mapping URL with host names is also possible, and in that case the URL mapping works like a virtual host. Mappings will nest. If $app is already mapped to "/baz" it will match a request for "/foo/baz" but not "/foo". See "HOW THIS WORKS" for more details. mount Alias for "map". to_app my $handler = $urlmap->to_app; Returns the PSGI application code reference. Note that the Plack::App::URLMap object is callable (by overloading the code dereference), so returning the object itself as a PSGI application should also work. DEBUGGING
You can set the environment variable "PLACK_URLMAP_DEBUG" to see how this application matches with the incoming request host names and paths. HOW THIS WORKS
This application works by fixing "SCRIPT_NAME" and "PATH_INFO" before dispatching the incoming request to the relocated applications. Say you have a Wiki application that takes "/index" and "/page/*" and makes a PSGI application $wiki_app out of it, using one of supported web frameworks, you can put the whole application under "/wiki" by: # MyWikiApp looks at PATH_INFO and handles /index and /page/* my $wiki_app = sub { MyWikiApp->run(@_) }; use Plack::App::URLMap; my $app = Plack::App::URLMap->new; $app->mount("/wiki" => $wiki_app); When a request comes in with "PATH_INFO" set to "/wiki/page/foo", the URLMap application $app strips the "/wiki" part from "PATH_INFO" and appends that to "SCRIPT_NAME". That way, if the $app is mounted under the root (i.e. "SCRIPT_NAME" is "") with standalone web servers like Starman, "SCRIPT_NAME" is now locally set to "/wiki" and "PATH_INFO" is changed to "/page/foo" when $wiki_app gets called. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa SEE ALSO
Plack::Builder perl v5.14.2 2011-06-22 Plack::App::URLMap(3pm)