Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Mysql installation - Operation not permitted Post 303034526 by Neo on Sunday 28th of April 2019 02:41:46 AM
Old 04-28-2019
Before setting with chattr , the OP should probably list first, for example:

Code:
lsattr example.conf

The OP said he does not have any experience in Linux, so before going around changing file attributes, he should list them first before he makes even more mistakes.

My first guess is the the file system has been mounted read-only.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Operation not permitted" when copying directories

I'm kicking Unix questions out like Bruce Lee. So I'm copying a directory of files, in each directory I inevitablly get this: I get that for usually the same set of directories/files in each folder. Is there a way to override this when copying files? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPigford
4 Replies

2. Programming

pthread_create returns "operation not permitted" if I try to link static?

Hello, I am trying to port some testtools we wrote from solaris to redhat linux(AMD64). If I link dynamic, set the correct LD_LIBRARY_PATH, everything runs fine. If I try to link static, the pthread_create returns "operation not permitted" (error code 1). Does anybody have an idea where to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Micky
1 Replies

3. Linux

MySQL python installation

Hi I am using CentOS 4 machine..trying to install MySQL for python to setup a boinc project.. During the building process I am getting this error..I have even set the LD_lIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib where the libmysqlclient.so file is present.. ./python -E ./setup.py build ./python: error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gayathrirri
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot utime: Operation not permitted

Hi - I have a script (.ksh) which has been transferred from one Linux box to another. Basically it untars a file a deploys the code to the relevent directories. It is failing with ' Cannot utime: Operation not permitted' When I run the command by hand it *is* doing the untar to the directories... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
1 Replies

5. Linux

failed to preserve ownership operation not permitted

Hi i have written one backup script in linux workstation.The backup script will do zipping files and moved to the backup directory(i,e /net/ts-bcn/sb_backup/sand). #So while moving zipped files to the backup directory i am getting some error like this error:mv:failed to preserve ownership... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogks
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX5.3--vmount: Operation not permitted

Hi all, iam unable to mount exported directory hari on AIX 5.3, which was in RedHat Linux As4. Linux-server AIX -client I am facing errors of bash-3.00# mount -n linuxas4 /hari /hari mount: 1831-008 giving up on: linuxas4:/hari vmount: Operation not permitted. Pl any body... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haribabu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chown: Operation not permitted as root

Hi Expert, I am trying to change ownership of one file to another user that is exist in the system but getting operation not permitted error what could be the correct way? # ls -lh .Xauthority_ori -rw------- 1 maxim atlas 2.8K Jul 27 17:18 .Xauthority_ori # id -a uid=0(root)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv warning set owner/group: Operation not permitted

Hi, Thanks for looking into this. I am running into below situation in free BSD. I have a file in /tmp/sample.txt with owner as 'xyz' and group as 'wheel' I am moving it to my home dir/newsample.txt whihc has owner 'xyz', but group 'someother' with below command, getting warning, but it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramanaraoeee
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need command for mysql installation

Hi All, I want to install mysql on my server but i dont have root access when i have tried to install this MySQL-client-3.3.15-3.rhel5.x24_74.rpm using the command rpm -ivh MySQL-client-3.3.15-3.rhel5.x24_74.rpm getting error error: can't create transaction lock on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Mysql apache installation

on ubuntu lamp server how to install mysql and apache? any instructions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinathk
1 Replies
BP_META_GFF(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   BP_META_GFF(1p)

NAME
bp_meta_gff.pl - Get/set Bio::DB::GFF meta-data SYNOPSIS
# set the following meta data values % bp_meta_gff.pl -d testdb tag1=value1 tag2=value2 # get the indicated meta data value % bp_meta_gff.pl -d testdb tag1 tag2 DESCRIPTION
This script gets or sets metadata in a Bio::DB::GFF database. Not all adaptors support this operation! To set a series of tags, pass a set of tag=value pairs to the script. To get the contents of a series of tags, pass the bare tag names. The output from the get operation will be an easily parseable set of tag=value pairs, one per line. COMMAND-LINE OPTIONS Command-line options can be abbreviated to single-letter options. e.g. -d instead of --database. --database <dsn> Mysql database name (default dbi:mysql:test) --adaptor <adaptor> Mysql adaptor (default dbi::mysqlopt) --user <user> Username for mysql authentication --pass <password> Password for mysql authentication SEE ALSO
Bio::DB::GFF AUTHOR
Lincoln Stein, lstein@cshl.org Copyright (c) 2002 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 BP_META_GFF(1p)