Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to analyze sosreport file that I generated.? Post 303034462 by vgersh99 on Friday 26th of April 2019 11:40:11 AM
Old 04-26-2019
also there seem to be a
Code:
--analyze
    Turn on analyzation functions

option in the sosreport
Is that what the OP means by analysis?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Core File Not Being Generated in AIX

I have created an executable using my login session in an AIX Version 5 Unix system. After to which I have change the file mode to set uid and rwsrwx--x and ownership to root:system by using the following Standard C Library functions. chmod (name, S_ISUID|S_IRWXU|S_IRWXG|S_IXOTH|S_IROTH) chown... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the last generated log file

Hi I need to get the last generated file in a directory using ls -ltr. I need to store the output of ls -ltr in a variable. it will like this $xyz = -rw-rw-r-- 1 sblp003 siebel 1060 Dec 18 13:33 from this output, I need to do a substring to get this value alone "Dec 18... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
8 Replies

3. Linux

Core file not getting generated!!

Some strange behavior. Process is receiving Segmentation Fault. But no core files getting generated. I have checked ulimit. coredumpsize = unlimited. In console, process is printing Segmentation Fault even through gdb also same behavior But No corefile. Any possible reason ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and analyze variable Strings in a large file.

Hi guys, I have multiple files (>5000) which I have in a folder. I read every file name and put it in a tmp variable "i" so that i can use it in the following task. I have a large .txt file (>50 MB) in which I want to find the variable "i" and the lines after this variable, so that I can use... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashitaka007
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log file not getting generated

Hi , Log file is not getting generated. any suggestion? Thanks date1=$(date '+%m/%d/%y-%H:%M:%S') log="wrapper.log.$date1" echo " somethng" > $log (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to analyze file hashing

What command should I use to analyze file hashing of fixed flat files. How much work does it take for multiple flat files. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbjoat
3 Replies

7. Programming

Using c++ to analyze two file problem

Hi, I have two files: Input_file1.txt 124 235 152 178 156 142 178 163 159 Input_file2.txt 124|5623 452|6698 178|9995 235|7542 159|8852 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

analyze lines in a file by loop

Hi Dears, I use the below code to analyze lines in a file: for line in `cat ucsv` do echo $line //analyze statements donehowever, if line contains space char, it will be broken. for example, if file content is: #login,full name,email,project,role,action gmwen,Bruce... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file being not generated in crontab

My shell script it.sh #!/bin/sh ORACLE_HOME=/var/opt/oracle/product/10g; export ORACLE_HOME PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/bin:/usr/bin; export PATH today=`date "+%m-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S"`; export today CUR_DIR=$1; export CUR_DIR LOG_FILE=error.log; export LOG_FILE # Direct script output to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Sosreport from HP-UX server

Hi, May I know what is sosreport and how to get that report from HP-UX? Regards, Maddy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies
diskscan(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      diskscan(1M)

NAME
diskscan - perform surface analysis SYNOPSIS
diskscan [-W] [-n] [-y] raw_device DESCRIPTION
diskscan is used by the system administrator to perform surface analysis on a portion of a hard disk. The disk portion may be a raw parti- tion or slice; it is identified using its raw device name. By default, the specified portion of the disk is read (non-destructive) and errors reported on standard error. In addition, a progress report is printed on standard out. The list of bad blocks should be saved in a file and later fed into addbadsec(1M), which will remap them. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -n Causes diskscan to suppress linefeeds when printing progress information on standard out. -W Causes diskscan to perform write and read surface analysis. This type of surface analysis is destructive and should be invoked with caution. -y Causes diskscan to suppress the warning regarding destruction of existing data that is issued when -W is used. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: raw_device The address of the disk drive (see FILES). FILES
The raw device should be /dev/rdsk/c?[t?]d?[ps]?. See disks(1M) for an explanation of SCSI and IDE device naming conventions. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
addbadsec(1M), disks(1M), fdisk(1M), fmthard(1M), format(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
The format(1M) utility is available to format, label, analyze, and repair SCSI disks. This utility is included with the diskscan, addbad- sec(1M), fdisk(1M), and fmthard(1M) commands available for x86. To format an IDE disk, use the DOS format utility; however, to label, ana- lyze, or repair IDE disks on x86 systems, use the Solaris format(1M) utility. SunOS 5.10 24 Feb 1998 diskscan(1M)