Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cluster a custom application
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Cluster a custom application Post 303034461 by rbatte1 on Friday 26th of April 2019 11:26:39 AM
Old 04-26-2019
It might be clearer if you took this bit:
Quote:
*************(floating IP)************
| ***route all traffic on every port ***|
| ******************************************|
ServerA*************************** ServerB
(APP) **************************(Stopped App)
.... and wrapped it in CODE tags, the edited it to look how you would like.

Wrapping in CODE tags will respect the spaces which is important for indenting or fixed-width data, or in your case a text-based diagram. I've tried, but I'm not quite sure what you want to show.

A short tutorial is included below. The look/feel of the forum has changed, as have the buttons, but method 1 still works just fine.

Kind regards,
Robin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to custom application name in `ps -ef`?

A program named /usr/bin/aa.sh, two parameters: 11, 22. after start it, the row in `ps -ef` is almost like the following: root 12198 10278 0.0 Nov 25 pts/3 0:00.23 /usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22 but I want to change "/usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22" to one rule string, such as: "AA_11_22", how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linkjack
1 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Install application on UNIX cluster

Hi everyone, I have a new engagement where in I would need to install an inhouse server application in a HP_UNIX cluster. Please let me know how this should be done. Satish (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish_000
4 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

SUN Cluster Vs Veritas Cluster

Dear All, Can anyone explain about Pros and Cons of SUN and Veritas Cluster ? Any comparison chart is highly appreciated. Regards, RAA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAA
4 Replies

5. AIX

How to add node to the cluster with stoping the application?

In the production hacmp 5.3 is running with three nodes but i want to add new node to cluster with out stopping the application ie with same resource group if any bady know pls help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manjunath.m
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Custom HA agent - Red Hat Linux Cluster

Hi experts, I have some custom application which I need to make Highly Available using red hat cluster service. How do I do it? i know in /usr/share/cluster i shall find HA agents for well known services like Apache or Sybase but I want to write HA agent for my own. I tried looking up on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pshaikh
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies
pods::SDL::Tutorial(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  pods::SDL::Tutorial(3pm)

NAME
SDL::Tutorial - introduction to Perl SDL CATEGORY Tutorials SYNOPSIS
# to read this tutorial $ perldoc SDL::Tutorial # to run this tutorial $ perl -MSDL::Tutorial -e 1 SDL Manual "SDL::Tutorial" are incomplete and old. A new book has been started to provide a complete tutorial for SDL. See <http://bit.ly/hvxc9V>. SDL BASICS
SDL, the Simple DirectMedia Layer, is a cross-platform multimedia library. These are the Perl 5 bindings. You can find out more about SDL at <http://www.libsdl.org/>. You can find out more about SDL perl at <http://sdl.perl.org>. Creating an SDL application with Perl is easy. You have to know a few basics, though. Here's how to get up and running as quickly as possible. Surfaces All graphics in SDL live on a surface. You'll need at least one. That's what SDLx::App provides. Of course, before you can get a surface, you need to initialize your video mode. SDL gives you several options, including whether to run in a window or take over the full screen, the size of the window, the bit depth of your colors, and whether to use hardware acceleration. For now, we'll build something really simple. Initialization SDLx::App makes it easy to initialize video and create a surface. Here's how to ask for a windowed surface with 640x480x16 resolution: use SDLx::App; my $app = SDLx::App->new( width => 640, height => 480, depth => 16, ); You can get more creative, especially if you use the "title" and "icon" attributes in a windowed application. Here's how to set the window title of the application to "My SDL Program": use SDLx::App; my $app = SDLx::App->new( height => 640, width => 480, depth => 16, title => 'My SDL Program', ); Setting an icon is a little more involved -- you have to load an image onto a surface. That's a bit more complicated, but see the "name" parameter to "SDL::Surface-"new()> if you want to skip ahead. Working With The App Since $app from the code above is just an SDL surface with some extra sugar, it behaves much like SDL::Surface. In particular, the all- important "blit" and "update" methods work. You'll need to create SDL::Rect objects representing sources of graphics to draw onto the $app's surface, "blit" them there, then "update" the $app. Note: "blitting" is copying a chunk of memory from one place to another. That, however, is another tutorial. SEE ALSO
SDL::Tutorial::Animation basic rectangle drawing and animation SDL::Tutorial::LunarLander basic image loading and animation AUTHORS
chromatic, <chromatic@wgz.org>. Written for and maintained by the Perl SDL project, <http://sdl.perl.org/>. See "AUTHORS" in SDL for details. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 - 2004, chromatic. 2009 - 2010, kthakore. All rights reserved. This module is distributed under the same terms as Perl itself, in the hope that it is useful but certainly under no guarantee. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 pods::SDL::Tutorial(3pm)