Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to analyze sosreport file that I generated.? Post 303034458 by MadeInGermany on Friday 26th of April 2019 10:56:13 AM
Old 04-26-2019
On RedHat Enterprise Linux there is sosreport. man sosreport says
Quote:
DESCRIPTION
sosreport generates a compressed tarball of debugging information for
the system it is run on that can be sent to technical support reps that
will give them a more complete view of the overall system status
I would not expect much from it.
More promising but for experts is to analyze a process core dump
For python scripts you should look for python's debug features.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Core File Not Being Generated in AIX

I have created an executable using my login session in an AIX Version 5 Unix system. After to which I have change the file mode to set uid and rwsrwx--x and ownership to root:system by using the following Standard C Library functions. chmod (name, S_ISUID|S_IRWXU|S_IRWXG|S_IXOTH|S_IROTH) chown... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the last generated log file

Hi I need to get the last generated file in a directory using ls -ltr. I need to store the output of ls -ltr in a variable. it will like this $xyz = -rw-rw-r-- 1 sblp003 siebel 1060 Dec 18 13:33 from this output, I need to do a substring to get this value alone "Dec 18... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
8 Replies

3. Linux

Core file not getting generated!!

Some strange behavior. Process is receiving Segmentation Fault. But no core files getting generated. I have checked ulimit. coredumpsize = unlimited. In console, process is printing Segmentation Fault even through gdb also same behavior But No corefile. Any possible reason ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and analyze variable Strings in a large file.

Hi guys, I have multiple files (>5000) which I have in a folder. I read every file name and put it in a tmp variable "i" so that i can use it in the following task. I have a large .txt file (>50 MB) in which I want to find the variable "i" and the lines after this variable, so that I can use... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashitaka007
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log file not getting generated

Hi , Log file is not getting generated. any suggestion? Thanks date1=$(date '+%m/%d/%y-%H:%M:%S') log="wrapper.log.$date1" echo " somethng" > $log (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to analyze file hashing

What command should I use to analyze file hashing of fixed flat files. How much work does it take for multiple flat files. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbjoat
3 Replies

7. Programming

Using c++ to analyze two file problem

Hi, I have two files: Input_file1.txt 124 235 152 178 156 142 178 163 159 Input_file2.txt 124|5623 452|6698 178|9995 235|7542 159|8852 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

analyze lines in a file by loop

Hi Dears, I use the below code to analyze lines in a file: for line in `cat ucsv` do echo $line //analyze statements donehowever, if line contains space char, it will be broken. for example, if file content is: #login,full name,email,project,role,action gmwen,Bruce... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file being not generated in crontab

My shell script it.sh #!/bin/sh ORACLE_HOME=/var/opt/oracle/product/10g; export ORACLE_HOME PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/bin:/usr/bin; export PATH today=`date "+%m-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S"`; export today CUR_DIR=$1; export CUR_DIR LOG_FILE=error.log; export LOG_FILE # Direct script output to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Sosreport from HP-UX server

Hi, May I know what is sosreport and how to get that report from HP-UX? Regards, Maddy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies
RIVET(1)							   User Commands							  RIVET(1)

NAME
rivet - Robust Independent Validation of Experiment and Theory SYNOPSIS
rivet [options] myfifo OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit. -h, --help show this help message and exit. -l NATIVE_LOG_STRS set a log level in the Rivet library. -a ANA, --analysis=ANA add an analysis to the processing list. --list-analyses show the list of available analyses' names. With -v, it shows the descriptions, too. --list-used-analyses list the analyses used by this command (after subtraction of inappropriate ones). --show-analysis=SHOW_ANALYSES, --show-analyses=SHOW_ANALYSES show the details of an analysis. --analysis-path=PATH specify the analysis search path (cf. $RIVET_ANALYSIS_PATH). --analysis-path-append=PATH append to the analysis search path (cf. $RIVET_ANALYSIS_PATH). --pwd append the current directory (pwd) to the analysis search path (cf. $RIVET_ANALYSIS_PATH). -H HISTOFILE, --histo-file=HISTOFILE specify the output histo file path (default = Rivet.aida). -x XS, --cross-section=XS specify the signal process cross-section in pb. -n NUM, --nevts=NUM restrict the max number of events to read. --runname=NAME give an optional run name, to be prepended as a 'top level directory' in histo paths. --ignore-beams Ignore input event beams when checking analysis compatibility. --event-timeout=NSECS max time in whole seconds to wait for an event to be generated from the specified source (default = 21600) --run-timeout=NSECS max time in whole seconds to wait for the run to finish. This can be useful on batch systems such as the LCG Grid where tokens expire on a fixed wall-clock and can render long Rivet runs unable to write out the final histogram file (default = unlimited). --histo-interval=HISTO_WRITE_INTERVAL [experimental!] specify the number of events between histogram file updates. Default is to only write out at the end of the run. Note that intermediate histograms will be those from the analyze step only: analysis finalizing is currently not executed until the end of the run. -v, --verbose print debug (very verbose) messages. -q, --quiet be very quiet. EXAMPLES
mkfifo hepmc.fifo my-generator -o myfifo & rivet --analysis=ANALYSIS_NAME hepmc.fifo ENVIRONMENT
: RIVET_ANALYSIS_PATH list of paths to be searched for plugin analysis libraries at runtime. RIVET_REF_PATH list of paths to be searched for reference data files. RIVET_INFO_PATH list of paths to be searched for analysis metadata files. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Lifeng Sun <lifongsun@gmail.com> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Rivet June 2012 RIVET(1)