Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Search of multiple numeric entries in an output file Post 303034434 by vgersh99 on Thursday 25th of April 2019 02:58:33 PM
Old 04-25-2019
Any attempts on your side?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne: search for a non-numeric character in $VAR

if $1 = "123x456", how can I test for the non-numeric character 'x' in that string. I've tried expr with "" but it did not find the x. Any ideas? Can this perhaps be done with sed? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lumix
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rename multiple files from search output

Variations of multiple renames seems to come up a lot but i can't find the answer to this situation. Tidying up a directory where people rename files to .working, .bob, .attempt1 & so on. what i am trying to do is: list the file type, & rename from ".whatever" to .fixed. As the ".whatever" is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodstock
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED command to search for numeric and replace

Hi I am very new to linux and scripting. I need to replace numbers abc with number xyz inputting from a reference file. I used the following command - sed "s/$grd/$lab/" , where $grd and $lab comes from reference file. The problem is the above line doesnt take care of space..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for Numeric output in Perl

Hi All, I would like to convert my below csh script to Perl. Can any expert help ? # To check for numeric input set tested1 = `echo "$tested"| awk '/^+$/'`; # To remove un-neccessary zeros set tested2 = `echo "$tested"|awk '{print $0+0}'`; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Discrepancy in numeric output

During a file-system cleanup I noticed a strange behavior of awk (HP-UX 11iv3 / IA64). When summing up the size of files in one directory it gives different numbers when using print as opposed to printf: find . -type f -name '*.dmp.Z' -mtime +35 -exec ls -l {} \+ | \ awk 'BEGIN{ OFMT="%f" } {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pludi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing or Using Numeric Output From a Function

Hi all, I'm trying to implement a linear congruential pseudorandom number generator (<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_congruential_generator>), since $RANDOM and /dev/random aren't standardized. I'm referring to the Shell & Utilities volume of POSIX.1-2008, but I'm running into some odd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PehJota
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a single "find" cmd to search for multiple file types and output individual files

Hi All, I am new here but I have a scripting question that I can't seem to figure out with the "find" cmd. What I am trying to do is to only have to run a single find cmd parsing the directories and output the different file types to induvidual files and I have been running into problems.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swaters
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search file and print everything except multiple search terms

I'm trying to find a way to search a range of similar words in a file. I tried using sed but can't get it right:sed 's/\(ca01\)*//'It only removes "ca01" but leaves the rest of the word. I still want the rest of the information on the lines just not these specific words listed below. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies
OBUS-GEN-INTERFACE(1)					      General Commands Manual					     OBUS-GEN-INTERFACE(1)

NAME
obus-gen-interface - convert D-Bus introspection files to ocaml code SYNOPSIS
obus-gen-interface [ options ] input-file DESCRIPTION
obus-gen-interface generates an OCaml module from a D-Bus introspection file. The generated module contains methods, signals and properties definitions. It is required for by both client-side and server-side code. Note that the files generated by obus-gen-interface are not meant to be edited. OPTIONS
-o output-prefix Use this name as output prefix. It defaults to the input file name without its extension and extended with "_interfaces". For exam- ple, if the input file name is "foo.xml" (or "foo.obus"), then "obus-gen-interface" will generate "foo_interfaces.ml" and "foo_interfaces.mli". -keep-common Keeps common interfaces, i.e. all interfaces starting with "org.freedesktop.DBus". By default they are dropped. -mode {both|client|server} Set the code generation mode. It defaults to "both". In "client" mode, only code for client-side use is generated. In "server" mode, only code for server-side use is generated. In "both" mode, code for client-side and server-side use is generated. -help or --help Display a short usage summary and exit. AUTHOR
Jeremie Dimino <jeremie@dimino.org> SEE ALSO
obus-introspect(1), obus-gen-client(1), obus-gen-server(1). April 2010 OBUS-GEN-INTERFACE(1)