Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cluster a custom application
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Cluster a custom application Post 303034380 by stomp on Wednesday 24th of April 2019 08:26:08 AM
Old 04-24-2019
High Availibility with Active/Passive Scenario should not be that hard. Clustering different Systems("OS") that way is also possible.

One major point is data storage. Most applications store data and thus this data needs to be shared between both systems. Either with a shared network storage, which has to be HA-enabled too or with a replication technology like drbd(aka "shared nothing") which is replicating the data in realtime.

In Front of your two application servers you may have a loadbalancer, which of course should also be HA-enabled.

All this could be done with pacemaker.

Last edited by hicksd8; 04-24-2019 at 11:20 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to stomp For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to custom application name in `ps -ef`?

A program named /usr/bin/aa.sh, two parameters: 11, 22. after start it, the row in `ps -ef` is almost like the following: root 12198 10278 0.0 Nov 25 pts/3 0:00.23 /usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22 but I want to change "/usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22" to one rule string, such as: "AA_11_22", how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linkjack
1 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Install application on UNIX cluster

Hi everyone, I have a new engagement where in I would need to install an inhouse server application in a HP_UNIX cluster. Please let me know how this should be done. Satish (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish_000
4 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

SUN Cluster Vs Veritas Cluster

Dear All, Can anyone explain about Pros and Cons of SUN and Veritas Cluster ? Any comparison chart is highly appreciated. Regards, RAA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAA
4 Replies

5. AIX

How to add node to the cluster with stoping the application?

In the production hacmp 5.3 is running with three nodes but i want to add new node to cluster with out stopping the application ie with same resource group if any bady know pls help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manjunath.m
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Custom HA agent - Red Hat Linux Cluster

Hi experts, I have some custom application which I need to make Highly Available using red hat cluster service. How do I do it? i know in /usr/share/cluster i shall find HA agents for well known services like Apache or Sybase but I want to write HA agent for my own. I tried looking up on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pshaikh
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_DRBD(7)						OCF resource agents					     OCF_HEARTBEAT_DRBD(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_drbd - Manages a DRBD resource (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
drbd [start | stop | monitor | promote | demote | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Deprecation warning: This agent is deprecated and may be removed from a future release. See the ocf:linbit:drbd resource agent for a supported alternative. -- This resource agent manages a Distributed Replicated Block Device (DRBD) object as a master/slave resource. DRBD is a mechanism for replicating storage; please see the documentation for setup details. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
drbd_resource The name of the drbd resource from the drbd.conf file. (unique, required, string, default drbd0) drbdconf Full path to the drbd.conf file. (optional, string, default /etc/drbd.conf) clone_overrides_hostname Whether or not to override the hostname with the clone number. This can be used to create floating peer configurations; drbd will be told to use node_<cloneno> as the hostname instead of the real uname, which can then be used in drbd.conf. (optional, boolean, default no) ignore_deprecation If set to true, suppresses the deprecation warning for this agent. (optional, boolean, default false) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 240. promote Promotes the resource to the Master role. Suggested minimum timeout: 90. demote Demotes the resource to the Slave role. Suggested minimum timeout: 90. notify Suggested minimum timeout: 90. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 100. monitor (Slave role) Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20. Suggested interval: 20. monitor (Master role) Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20. Suggested interval: 10. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a drbd resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_drbd ocf:heartbeat:drbd params drbd_resource="drbd0" op monitor depth="0" timeout="20" interval="20" role="Slave" op monitor depth="0" timeout="20" interval="10" role="Master" ms ms_drbd p_drbd meta notify="true" interleave="true" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/drbd_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_DRBD(7)