Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cluster a custom application
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Cluster a custom application Post 303034380 by stomp on Wednesday 24th of April 2019 08:26:08 AM
Old 04-24-2019
High Availibility with Active/Passive Scenario should not be that hard. Clustering different Systems("OS") that way is also possible.

One major point is data storage. Most applications store data and thus this data needs to be shared between both systems. Either with a shared network storage, which has to be HA-enabled too or with a replication technology like drbd(aka "shared nothing") which is replicating the data in realtime.

In Front of your two application servers you may have a loadbalancer, which of course should also be HA-enabled.

All this could be done with pacemaker.

Last edited by hicksd8; 04-24-2019 at 11:20 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to stomp For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to custom application name in `ps -ef`?

A program named /usr/bin/aa.sh, two parameters: 11, 22. after start it, the row in `ps -ef` is almost like the following: root 12198 10278 0.0 Nov 25 pts/3 0:00.23 /usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22 but I want to change "/usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22" to one rule string, such as: "AA_11_22", how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linkjack
1 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Install application on UNIX cluster

Hi everyone, I have a new engagement where in I would need to install an inhouse server application in a HP_UNIX cluster. Please let me know how this should be done. Satish (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish_000
4 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

SUN Cluster Vs Veritas Cluster

Dear All, Can anyone explain about Pros and Cons of SUN and Veritas Cluster ? Any comparison chart is highly appreciated. Regards, RAA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAA
4 Replies

5. AIX

How to add node to the cluster with stoping the application?

In the production hacmp 5.3 is running with three nodes but i want to add new node to cluster with out stopping the application ie with same resource group if any bady know pls help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manjunath.m
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Custom HA agent - Red Hat Linux Cluster

Hi experts, I have some custom application which I need to make Highly Available using red hat cluster service. How do I do it? i know in /usr/share/cluster i shall find HA agents for well known services like Apache or Sybase but I want to write HA agent for my own. I tried looking up on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pshaikh
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies
dhcp_modules(5) 					Standards, Environments, and Macros					   dhcp_modules(5)

NAME
dhcp_modules - data storage modules for the DHCP service DESCRIPTION
This man page describes the characteristics of data storage modules (public modules) for use by the Solaris Dynamic Host Configuration Pro- tocol (DHCP) service. Public modules are the part of the DHCP service architecture that encapsulate the details of storing DHCP service data in a data storage service. Examples of data storage services are NIS+, Oracle, and ufs file systems. Public modules are dynamic objects which can be shipped separately from the Solaris DHCP service. Once installed, a public module is visi- ble to the DHCP service, and can be selected for use by the service through the DHCP service management interfaces (dhcpmgr(1M), dhcpcon- fig(1M), dhtadm(1M), and pntadm(1M)). Public modules may be provided by Sun Microsystems, Inc or by third parties. The Solaris DHCP service management architecture provides a mechanism for plugging in public module-specific administration functionality into the dhcpmgr(1M) and dhcpconfig(1M) utilities. This functionality is in the form of a Java Bean, which is provided by the public module vendor. This Java Bean collects public module-specific configuration from the user (you) and provides it to the Solaris DHCP service. The Solaris DHCP service bundles three modules with the service, which are described below. There are three dhcpsvc.conf(4) DHCP service configuration parameters pertaining to public modules: RESOURCE, PATH, and RESOURCE_CONFIG. See dhcpsvc.conf(4) for more information about these parameters. SUNWfiles This module stores its data in ASCII files. Although the format is ASCII, hand-editing is discouraged. It is useful for DHCP service envi- ronments that support several hundred to a couple thousand of clients and lease times are a few hours or more. This module's data may be shared between DHCP servers through the use of NFS. SUNWbinfiles This module stores its data in binary files. It is useful for DHCP service environments with many networks and many thousands of clients. This module provides an order of magnitude increase in performance and capacity over SUNWfiles. This module's data cannot be shared between DHCP servers. SUNWnisplus This module stores its data within a NIS+ domain. It is useful in environments where NIS+ is already deployed and facilitates sharing among multiple DHCP servers. This module suports several hundred to a few thousand clients with lease times of several hours or more. The NIS+ service should be hosted on a machine with ample CPU power, memory, and disk space, as the load on NIS+ is significant when it is used to store DHCP data. Periodic checkpointing of the NIS+ service is necessary in order to roll the transaction logs and keep the NIS+ service operating at its highest efficiency. See nisping(1M) and crontab(1) for more information. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), dhcpconfig(1M), dhcpmgr(1M), dhtadm(1M), nisping(1M), pntadm(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide SunOS 5.10 24 Jan 2003 dhcp_modules(5)