Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed - UNIX command
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help needed - UNIX command Post 303034368 by edujs7 on Wednesday 24th of April 2019 01:58:02 AM
Old 04-24-2019
Thanks so much - that worked Smilie

Sorry to be a pain but would you please be able to explain what the actual command does Smilie - and wouldn't egrep work for this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix help needed!

I have a few questions about Unix. Can you please help! 1.How do I create an alias that greps the password file for my username and returns my password file entry? Once I get the alias to work I want to be able to let a friend use it .So that he can use the alias to locate his password entry... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JJJ
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix help needed !!

friends i wanted to now whehter there exists a book as a solution to the questions posted in exercies of the Design of Unix Operating system by Maurice J Bach !..its really urgent !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darshaan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed in Basic UNIX

hi friends, How to obtain list of groups we r a member of and redirect it to a file. how to append the details of current OS to a file. how to append the estimated file space to a file. how to append the details of users loged on along wth their current activity into a file. Thank you...I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby36
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in ls command

Hi all, i need to write an ls command which will pick up ind_01.txt/pak_01.txt from ind_01.txt pak_01.txt usa_01.txt files in a directory.. i wrote a ls command by storing ind and pak in 2 variables and listing it. Its working fine. But the pattern to be matched should be sent in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anju
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed in Unix Script

Hi, I have multiple servers and each server hosts multiple databases. Now i have requirement as below 1) Create a file in any server which will hold all the database name. 2) Write a shell script that will read the file and connect to each and every database. and log out of it one by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amritansur
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in unix commands

i define a function outside the nawk command which trims the leading and trailing spaces like function TrimSpace(x) { y=gsub(/^+|+$/,"",x) { return x } } and i want to call this function in nawk commad like. nawk '{print TrimSpace($1)}' file Note:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dd command help needed.

Hi I m creating a file which will serve as a virtual harddisk . I m using following command to create a file. #dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/Sample.dat bs=1M count=1024 I have following doubts regarding the operation. 1) In above example i m creating a file with byte size of 1M .However in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script or command Needed

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting. I need to pick the files from one directory and place them in another directory based on time stamp.It should pick the files if the files is not accessed for 1 hour. Can any one please help me how to work on this. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Prakash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvrprakash
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Unix Homework Help needed

1 Petras Pavardenis 1980 5 08 Linas Bajoriunas 1970 10 3 Saulius Matikaitis 1982 2 5 Mindaugas Stulgis 1990 7 6 Rimas Nasickis 1964 10 7 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaidastf
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command needed

Hi, I have the date as 20130101 and i need it to rephrased to 2013-01-01. Any command which can do this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
5 Replies
tcp-env(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   tcp-env(1)

NAME
tcp-env - set up TCP-related environment variables SYNOPSIS
tcp-env [ -rR ] [ -ttimeout ] program [ arg ... ] DESCRIPTION
The input for tcp-env must be a TCP connection. tcp-env finds out information about that connection, puts the information into several environment variables as described in tcp-environ(5), and runs program with the given arguments. Usually tcp-env is run from inetd. It might instead be run from another server that already sets up the right environment variables; if PROTO is set to TCP when tcp-env is invoked, tcp-env assumes that all the other variables are set up properly, and it does not check whether the input is a TCP connection. OPTIONS
-r (Default.) Attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -R Do not attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -ttimeout Give up on the TCPREMOTEINFO connection attempt after timeout seconds. Default: 30. SEE ALSO
tcp-environ(5), inetd(8) tcp-env(1)