Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed - UNIX command
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help needed - UNIX command Post 303034358 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 23rd of April 2019 10:12:29 PM
Old 04-23-2019
Hello edujs7,

Could you please try following.

Code:
env | awk 'BEGIN{FS="="} $1 ~ /.*(NAME$|DIR$|PATH$)/'

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix help needed!

I have a few questions about Unix. Can you please help! 1.How do I create an alias that greps the password file for my username and returns my password file entry? Once I get the alias to work I want to be able to let a friend use it .So that he can use the alias to locate his password entry... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JJJ
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix help needed !!

friends i wanted to now whehter there exists a book as a solution to the questions posted in exercies of the Design of Unix Operating system by Maurice J Bach !..its really urgent !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darshaan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed in Basic UNIX

hi friends, How to obtain list of groups we r a member of and redirect it to a file. how to append the details of current OS to a file. how to append the estimated file space to a file. how to append the details of users loged on along wth their current activity into a file. Thank you...I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby36
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in ls command

Hi all, i need to write an ls command which will pick up ind_01.txt/pak_01.txt from ind_01.txt pak_01.txt usa_01.txt files in a directory.. i wrote a ls command by storing ind and pak in 2 variables and listing it. Its working fine. But the pattern to be matched should be sent in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anju
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed in Unix Script

Hi, I have multiple servers and each server hosts multiple databases. Now i have requirement as below 1) Create a file in any server which will hold all the database name. 2) Write a shell script that will read the file and connect to each and every database. and log out of it one by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amritansur
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in unix commands

i define a function outside the nawk command which trims the leading and trailing spaces like function TrimSpace(x) { y=gsub(/^+|+$/,"",x) { return x } } and i want to call this function in nawk commad like. nawk '{print TrimSpace($1)}' file Note:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dd command help needed.

Hi I m creating a file which will serve as a virtual harddisk . I m using following command to create a file. #dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/Sample.dat bs=1M count=1024 I have following doubts regarding the operation. 1) In above example i m creating a file with byte size of 1M .However in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script or command Needed

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting. I need to pick the files from one directory and place them in another directory based on time stamp.It should pick the files if the files is not accessed for 1 hour. Can any one please help me how to work on this. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Prakash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvrprakash
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Unix Homework Help needed

1 Petras Pavardenis 1980 5 08 Linas Bajoriunas 1970 10 3 Saulius Matikaitis 1982 2 5 Mindaugas Stulgis 1990 7 6 Rimas Nasickis 1964 10 7 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaidastf
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command needed

Hi, I have the date as 20130101 and i need it to rephrased to 2013-01-01. Any command which can do this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
5 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)