Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Fixed Password Bug in Registration Process Post 303034316 by Neo on Tuesday 23rd of April 2019 06:56:05 AM
Old 04-23-2019
I forgot to method, the reason I found the bug was a new registered user contacted us our new Live Chat page today and mentioned they could not login after they registered.

I was online at the time and was able to sort the problem with the new member; and at the same time, saw there was a system bug.

The new Live Chat system, even though we are only testing it, has already helped a number of new users and also me.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hiding login/password in process!

Hello, I am trying to figure out away to hide a command from users when performing a ps check. I have a ksh that purges a table in a database. If I perform a >ps -eaf |grep ksh, I get the login id and password. I do not want other users seeing this. Is there a way to hide this. The login... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Password process takes a long time

We are running unix. After a reboot of the server we have found that changing password takes a long time. if type in passwd "username" you can type in the 1st instance of the password , press enter , then it will wait for about 3 minutes before bringing up the confirm password line typing it in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlewis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script - Hide password from process table

i have an expect script that runs like this: /usr/bin/expect -f /home/skysmart/commandstoexecute.sh host2.net b$4aff Skysmart when i run this command, and i do a ps -ef and egrep for expect, i see the exact line in the process table and it shows my password for the world to see. how can i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process monitoring for a fixed time

Hi Gurus, I have a scenario where i need to monitor for a process which starts at a particular time. I need to check if the process has started at the specified time and keep checking this for 5 minutes only and then want to alert me. ps -ef | grep -i process.sh | grep -v grep >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
5 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
lufslist(1M)															      lufslist(1M)

NAME
lufslist - list configuration of a boot environment SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/lufslist [-l error_log] [-o outfile] BE_name [-X] DESCRIPTION
The lufslist command is part of a suite of commands that make up the Live Upgrade feature of the Solaris operating environment. See live_upgrade(5) for a description of the Live Upgrade feature. The lufslist command lists the configuration of a boot environment (BE). The output contains the disk slice (file system), file system type, and file system size for each BE mount point. The following is an example of lufslist output. # lufslist BE_name Filesystem fstype size(Mb) Mounted on ------------------------------------------------------------------ /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 swap 512.11 - /dev/dsk/c0t4d0s3 ufs 3738.29 / /dev/dsk/c0t4d0s4 ufs 510.24 /opt File system type can be ufs, swap, or vxfs, for a Veritas file system. Under the Filesystem heading can be a disk slice or a logical device, such as a disk metadevice used by volume management software. The lufslist command requires root privileges. OPTIONS
The lufslist command has the following options: -l error_log Error and status messages are sent to error_log, in addition to where they are sent in your current environment. -o outfile All command output is sent to outfile, in addition to where it is sent in your current environment. -X Enable XML output. Characteristics of XML are defined in DTD, in /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/lu_cli.dtd.<num>, where <num> is the version number of the DTD file. OPERANDS
BE_name Name of the BE for which file systems are to be reported. You cannot specify a BE that is involved in another Live Upgrade operation. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/lutab list of BEs on the system /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/lu_cli.dtd.<num> Live Upgrade DTD (see -X option) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWluu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lu(1M), luactivate(1M), lucancel(1M), lucompare(1M), lucreate(1M), lucurr(1M), ludelete(1M), ludesc(1M), lumake(1M), lumount(1M), lure- name(1M), lustatus(1M), luupgrade(1M), lutab(4), attributes(5), live_upgrade(5) SunOS 5.10 24 Jan 2002 lufslist(1M)